GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS PLANNING MANAGER
AMSTERDAM | FMCG | €65-74,000 + CAR ALLOWANCE, BONUS, BENEFITS
Working within the Global Strategic team for an internationally dominant Consumer Goods giant, you will act as an internal expert throughout the entire Strategic Comms Process, including Communications Strategy, Activation, Tactical Planning and Implementation and Measurement to ensure new growth opportunities and margin enhancement across all brands and categories within the division. You will be involved in the geographical expansion of the brands, and detailing what the cross-category functions will look like. An integral part of this position is working closely with the Global Category Director to understand the brand, its business challenges and opportunities across the various markets.
- Provide strategic thinking to the brands through the entire Comms Planning Process, as well as providing local market knowledge
- Use planning and insight tools to pull together relevant information needed to understand the target audiences and their consumer journey
- Translate Insights into Communications Strategy that will be brought to life through Activations and Tactical Media and Digital Plans Ensure eComm portfolios across key markets are optimized based on consumer relevance / needs and brand and retailer financials / profitability
- Spearhead the oversight of the initial IMP plan coming out of the Strategic Communication Plan and ensure revisions ladder to the overall Comms Strategy and KPIs
- Align with brand teams to ensure seamless communication between integrated agency teams responsible for Communications Plans, i.e. media, digital, creative, PR, etc.
- Successful marketing experience and skills gained in FMCG markets within a commercially oriented environment
- Self-motivated, highly flexible and takes the initiative to do what’s needed
- Internationally mobile
- 8 years of relevant experience working at leading brand/agency, preferably global
- Fluent in Communications Strategy or Strategic Planning, with aptitude for traditional and digital media
- Experienced people manager with strong influencing skills
- A commitment to excellence with a positive and resilient attitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, or business. MBA a plus
- Experience working with senior management
- Exceptionally strong communications and presentation skills
- Strongly results oriented with demonstrable track record of success
- Ability to handle ambiguity
Please get in touch for a confidential discussion to find out if this is the right role for you!