The following job is no longer available:
Global Commodity Buyer
Global Commodity Buyer
Based in West Yorkshire (Leeds, Wakefield), the business is undergoing an exciting period of change. New investment has been injected into the business to grow EBITDA and boost production performance.
The Global Commodity Buyer will engage with multi-locations across the business, define a sourcing/commodity strategy and lead cost initiatives while driving other key performance measures throughout the supply chain.
The company are seeking individuals that share their values and beliefs. The business is passionate, driven, energetic and encourage leadership.
* Work with a portfolio range totalling £38m
* Have complete ownership for developing commodity strategies to achieve cost savings and improved performance
* Proactive approach to delivering associated strategy development, supplier management, process control and day to day stakeholder management under collaborative programme delivery
* Undertake commercial activity: performing supply market analysis, monitoring supply markets, leading benchmark exercises, cost model development, NPI development, as well as evaluate new opportunities to be included in the sourcing strategies and supplier selection process
* Lead strategic supplier evaluation process and selection
* Contributes to negotiations and supports contractual agreements
* Develops relationships with stakeholders at all levels and ensures internal customer satisfaction
* Supports and monitors saving projects for the specified products
* Identifies opportunities to implement best-in-class approaches to reduce TCO
·Demonstrable experience of procurement in a high volume manufacturing environment Ideally Aerospace, Automotive, Aviation, High Volume manufacturer, Precision Engineering
·A thorough understanding strategic sourcing principles
·A demonstrable knowledge of techniques to deliver continuous cost savings and supply chain excellence
·A demonstrable knowledge commercial models
·A good understanding of supply chain risk and mitigation strategies including legal risk and commercial risk
£45,000 Bonus, Holiday, Flexi benefits.
If you want to discuss this position in more detail, please call Carl Walker at Elevation Recruitment Group on .
Elevation Recruitment Group's Procurement and Supply Chain division work with a vast range of business across Yorkshire and Humberside, Lincolnshire and East Midlands regions. For this role and other similar Procurement and Supply Chain positions, visit www.elevationrecruitmentgroup.com
- strategic buying
- supply chain management
- commodity management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'