Position: GIS System Administrator (80%) and Architect (20%)
Location: Central London
Rate: £510 per day(Inside of IR35 - Via an Umbrella company), Paid weekly
Client: The Crown Estate
Duration: 6 - 12 Months
Kinect are acting as a recruitment partner to the Crown Estate and we recruiting for an experienced GIS Systems Admin/ Architect to start ASAP on a critical piece of contract work in London. This is an initial 6-month contract with a good chance to extend for a further 6 months.
*Due to the business setup the CE are unable to engage with Contractors directly and the position falls Inside of IR35.
Please apply with an up to date CV for an immediate response and further information
To provide GIS systems administration and support and to The Crown Estate and contribute to strategic GIS projects.
Key tasks & Responsibilities:
- Provide operational support for The Crown Estate’s corporate GIS system.
- Actively manage the GIS component of the Applications Team support call queue to resolution ensuring that all calls remain updated with latest actions completed or planned.
- Work closely with other Applications, Infrastructure and Servicedesk staff, to proactively arrive at business solutions and/or to resolve bugs implement user change requests
- Liaise with external development or support teams on more complex solutions or bugs.
- Work with the GIS Team to define and implement changes that bring improvements and enhancements to the corporate GIS system.
- Manage and own changes to the corporate GIS system through the IT change management system.
- Contribute technical and business input to the inflight GIS Transition Project.
Knowledge and experience essential to fulfil the requirements of the post
Advanced experience of ArcGIS Server and ArcSDE.
Advanced experience of SQL Server Management Studio.
Experience of C#, TSQL and Python programming/development.
Experience of Windows OS skills (e.g. DOS commands / scheduled tasks maintenance).
Experience of ESRI 10.x Desktop, Licence Manager, Extensions, ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Pro.
Experience of a GIS webviewer system.
Experience of GIS in relation to property management and/or title and rights ownership and/or offshore industries.
Experience of working with large datasets.
Experience working within a support team.
Experience of procurement of a GIS platform.
A degree or equivalent in a GIS or IT/GIS related subject.
At least eight years relevant experience in GIS related work.
Personal style, behaviour and attributes needed to undertake the post
Ability to determine effective and efficient solutions.
Ability to deliver to tight timescales.
Ability to work alone from a brief.
Ability to work as part of a team.
Excellent organisational skills.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Excellent approach to customer service.
Flexible, enthusiastic and approachable working style.
Pro-active in recognising and adapting to potential issues before they turn into problems.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job