Kinect are recruiting for a GIS Developerto join their team based in Solihull to work on a number of high profile infrastructure projects.
The clients GIS/Software team build and support a range of applications to help the planning and delivery of major road and rail infrastructure projects. The role will be to develop and support these applications which are used by technical experts and managers in our Environment, Planning and Design teams. The candidate will be skilled in data driven web application development with knowledge of relational database systems.
The position will primarily involve development, testing, implementation and support of web delivered applications. There will also be the opportunity to provide input into the planning and design of these applications and related systems and processes. There may also be the opportunity to become involved with other areas of work our team provide, including GIS application development, data analysis and visualisation.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Significant working experience in web application and relational database technology
- Experience the use of MVC development frameworks
- Sound working knowledge of authentication protocol and methods
- Good understanding of software development processes and ability to write technical documentation
- Good understanding of Git source control
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- Preferable experience and knowledge of GIS web application technology
- Understanding of spatial data analysis and visualization
- General scripting and programming skills
- Database development and analysis
- Experience of creating dashboard visualization applications
- ArcGIS Server