Technical Skills Required:
Essential: ESRI ArcGIS & SQL Server
Desirable: Python & FME
The ideal candidate will hold a GIS related degree or an IT discipline e.g. Computer Science, ArcGIS accreditation at Associate or Professional level in an appropriate discipline or proven experience in administering multi-user geo-databases.
As part of a small GIS technical team, you’ll be responsible for the administration and maintenance of our enterprise multi-user geo-databases.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Day to day administration and maintenance of the geo-databases, including investigation and resolution of database issues and liaising with internal and external technical resources where required
- Maintenance, update and distribution of external spatial datasets, including the development and maintenance of automated processes supporting data update and distribution operations
- Generation of spatial data extracts for use within and outside the business
- Administration of system access and security permissions across all geo-spatial applications and liaising with our Group IT Services on any security and access control issues
- Providing technical support to GIS users throughout the business in resolving system issues, delivering training and supporting product and version upgrades
- Undertaking spatial analysis to support other business function
You will have Microsoft SQL server skills, together with a good working knowledge of the ArcGIS product suite, excellent communication skills and be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge or experience in the use of Python or Safe Software’s FME product is desirable but not essential.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'