Our client is looking for a GIS Analyst based on a 4 month contract
- Support the organization in Geographical data management, and elaboration of cartographic documents significant confidentiality and security constraints because of the activity related to the criticity of some data.
- High evolution domain, requiring a permanent adaptation around methodologies and competences
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the company’s SHE policy.
- Produce complex regional cartographic thematic maps or location maps from various sources of data, ensuring the quality representation and understanding of the information.
- Ensure procedures, rules (attributes, workflows, standards, confidentiality) are applied to reduce costs and adherence to the deadlines.
- Ensure the integrity, organization, security and availability of cartographic documents and Geographical information
- Produce cartographic documents and location maps, using the right geodetic system and recommended representation standards for all customer community.
- Manage Geographical information for the entire subsidiary: importing, organizing, QC, formatting, WEB publishing for availability, or exporting and conditioning the data for preservation.
- Apply procedures, standards and rules (naming convention, workflows, and confidentiality) to ensure data flow quality and access to the information.
- Perform searches and provide or produce inventories of the relevant Geographical information and data.
- Organize the quality control operations in both reference and study databases by using dedicated tools.
- Control the databases integrity (reference, studies), permanent update with incoming data and availability of the data.
- Apply methodologies and processes, ensuring the integrity of newly acquired maps, studies & other geodata.
- Execute various geodetic or topography calculations (coordinates conversions, surface calculations)
- Conduct complex GIS regional cartographic studies following applicable procedures, rules and adherence to deadlines.
- Contribute to the evolution of the cartographic and Geographical Information environment; proposing best practices in order to optimize workflow efficiency
- Formal Education: Degree in Geosciences / Geographical Information Systems with relevant experience within Oil & Gas industry
- Good technical skills in Geographical Information Systems, cartographic tools and data modelling (ESRI software, FME), Geodesy, and general knowledge in 3 G métiers data computing.
- Behavioral skills: efficient, open-mindedness, adaptability, achievement orientation and a team player