ghd Social Media Manager - UK & ROI
We’re a young company that’s achieved great things by creating a best in class range of products that are loved by stylists and consumers alike. We remain fiercely ambitious, with big growth plans, exciting new innovation in the pipeline and geographic expansion.
We pride ourselves on remaining true to our founding ethos - the spirit of transformation - and have established a position at the forefront of the competitive fashion styling sector, where we are renowned as one of the leading hair styling brands around the world and synonymous with style and sophistication.
We’re passionate about innovation, not only in our products, but working to constantly innovate our place of work, creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
What’s the Job?
ghd requires a social media expert who is enthusiastic and beauty-obsessed to join our team. As the UK Social Media Manager, you will own all things social within the UK Team. You will co-create the UK Social Strategy, taking guidance from Global, but also localising and producing content for the UK Market to maximise and reach set KPI’s. You will challenge local agencies to have a full understanding of performance and work collaboratively with them to further build the UK plans.
This role requires you to be the ghd brand guardian for the UK, lead our unique tone of voice and cascade this throughout our social channels. You will work closely with the Global Team to understand Global direction, but also to build out localised plans.
This is a super exciting opportunity and is perfect for someone who wants to make a real impact on a high-profile priority within the UK business.
What will I do?
- Own and lead UK social media at ghd, be the expert within the UK business
- Continue to build out the UK Strategy to enable the social platforms to reach KPI’s
- Activate Global Social Calendar
- Build close relationships with local agencies to understand and challenge results
- Maintain unique TOV of the brand across all social touch points
- Ideation for UK specific content initiatives
- Briefing relevant agencies on social content for tutorials, social flat-lays and any other social assets specific to UK
- Identifying trending topics and working with content agency or design studio to create reactive content
Short Term Online Brand Activations
- Owning and developing short term local activation plans
- Content creation
- Working closely with PR team on influencer activations
- Work with PR Team & Social Media Exec on identifying opportunities for Paid support
- Source relevant Influencers for short term activations
- Manage briefing process of Influencers from beginning to end
- Identifying potential boosted opportunities; creating content, briefing paid social agency
- Monitoring results to inform future paid activity
- Identify relevant brand collaborations & drive future partnerships
- Liaising with agency on monthly social media reports
- Post Campaign Analysis to enable you to make sound recommendations on future investments
What skills and qualities will I need?
- 5+ years of social media experience
- Social media native - deep understanding in particularly Instagram and YouTube
- Creative but also analytical and strategic
- Deep understanding of the full marketing mix and the role social plays
- Confident in monitoring and reporting social KPI’s
- Experience in content creation - pre, mid and postproduction
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Experience in managing direct reports
- Proficient in video and photo editing
- Advanced in using reporting tools
- Experience using community management tools
- Degree level
- Beauty junkie
What benefits are available?
- 8% pension scheme
- Cashback Healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Friends and Family discount on ghd products
- Partner Discounts
- Discounted Rail Travel
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Salary Sacrifice
- Employee referral scheme
- Content Management
- Social Media
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'