A highly regarded Multi-National Global Logistics Provider is recruiting for a German speaking Transport Operator to be based at offices near London Heathrow.
This is a 12 month contract which could lead to permanent employment.
Reporting to the department Team Leader.
Main Purpose of the Role;
Deliver high quality transportation solutions to German customers through the effective communication with both customers and suppliers to ensure the customers’ needs are satisfied in relation to quality, cost and delivery.
· Execution of transportation activities in accordance with all customer service requirements
· Adherence of operational margins for Road transport
· Ensure on-time delivery of cargo in line with customer service requirements
· Provide pricing for spot quote business as per customer requirements
· Actively identify opportunities to reduce transport cost and improve margins
· Utilize problem solving tools and implement corrective actions as appropriate
· Provide world class customer service, and take ownership for assigned customers
· Identify savings opportunities through consolidation activities, in accordance with supplier/customer agreements · Track loads through to delivery, and provide customer updates, where necessary.
· Ensure that all data is input accurately into operational systems
· Complete invoicing to customers as per company standards
· Ensure that all reporting requirements are met in accordance with company standards
· Adherence to standard procedures (control manual) and work instructions
· Maximization of load fill
· Knowledge of hazardous material road transport requirements
Skills & Experience Required;
• Experience of Road Freight operations within a freight forwarding / transport company (including expedites)
• Knowledge of transport documentation requirements
• German geographical knowledge
• Knowledge of transportation regulations
• German & English language fluency
- An opportunity to join a rapidly expanding Multi-National organisation
- Great office / team working environment
- Competitive salary
For full details, please contact Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry.
- Customer Service
- Road Transport
- Freight Forwarding