POSITION: Business Development & Operations Executive
HOURS: Monday to Friday 9.00-18.00 / 8.00-17.00
PROFILE REQUIRED: Travel & Tourism experience
Purpose of Role:
To effectively win business by producing quality, competitive quotations in response to our client’s group travel requirements in the UK. To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the allocated clients and to have total responsibility for all their confirmed travelling groups.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- To acknowledge all amendments and changes from clients
- To be able to advise the client of the most suitable options for their tours
- To ensure that all services are booked well in advance of the date of travel
- To ensure that all service providers are kept informed of all changes and amendments to their confirmed groups.
- To acknowledge confirmations to clients
- To meet all targets for under budget buying, placing of services and inserting information into Tourplan
New Requests / Quoting:
- To acknowledge all new requests with a telephone call within 2 hours of receipt.
- To ensure that all new requests are qualified.
- To produce good quality quotations using the standard format and within on-time deadlines
- To follow up all quotations consistently to maximize conversion rates.
- To acknowledge confirmations to clients.
- To log all new requests and follow-ups.
- To update log with confirmations and lost business (with clear explanation for rejection).
- To chase the hotels for signature before offering it to client
- To ensure that the correct services are booked at or under the budget
- To maintain close communication with the relevant suppliers at all times on the progress of the bookings
- Payment agreements
- To maintain good and up to date product knowledge at all times
- To process supplier’s invoices within 48 hours of receipt
- To respond to supplier’s payment requests within 4 hours
- To resolve invoice queries within 1 week
- To develop a close relationship with the Contract & Purchasing dept.
- To answer email / faxes within 4 hours
- To make service reservations as per the client’s requirements in accordance to their deadlines and to deal with their queries in a timely manner
- To maintain close communication with the relevant clients at all times on the progress of the bookings
- To offer the clients as many additional services as possible in order to increase the income per group
- To contact the client 6 weeks before arrival to get an update
- To ensure that the client provides the necessary information at the correct time to generate the sales invoices
- To respond to complaints within 2 working days and ensure it is fully resolved within 1 week
- To resolve problems on same day whilst groups are travelling
- To ensure that we achieve the correct margin for each client
- To ensure that we buy under budget as much as possible
- To keep Tourplan accurate and up to date at all times
- To participate in the Emergency Mobile phone rota
- To participate in training program put in place for new staff members
- To complete any reasonable instruction from a superior.
- To adopt a filing system which enables colleague to cover in your absence
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- Fluency in English and German or French
- Experience in the Travel Industry or degree in Tourism Management or similar
- A positive attitude with drive and a work ethic to meet targets
- Creative and able to 'think outside the box’
Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication /relationship-building and analytical skills
Ability to work independently and self-directed
Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job