Fantastic opportunity with a dynamic, high growth business, which is without doubt a genuine 'employer of choice' for a German speaking Financial Controller to join on a fixed term basis initially for 6 months.
Working with stakeholders across the International network, the role of German Financial Controller will be primarily responsible for maintaining the integrity of the accounting records of the Legal Entity in accordance with local GAAP and IFRS. The role supports the monthly and quarterly accounting closing process, ensures compliance with statutory requirements and works with local management to ensure that business processes and controls are established and followed.
This is an excellent opportunity for a fluent German speaker to fully influence key business decisions and drive long term strategic value. Reporting into the regional heads the role will involve the following responsibilities:-
- Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate financial records in accordance with local GAAP and IFRS.
- Manage the monthly/Year End accruals and releases according to IFRS and local GAAP
- Communicating closely with regional finance lead and Country Business Leaders, ensuring timely, accurate and complete monthly reporting.
- Ad-hoc project work
- Review of sales contracts and terms and conditions to ensure that revenue recognition criteria are met and reviewing purchase contracts/discussion with FD's to ensure that liabilities are properly accounted for.
- Timely preparation of technical papers in respect of all significant one-off items
- Ensure that local GAAP statutory financial statements and all other statutory filings are completed in-house and in line with local deadlines.
- Participating or leading system, operational or process changes as required.
- Acting as the interface for internal and external audits and driving simplification and continuous improvement of financial processes.
- Working closely with the businesses on initiatives and advising on implications from a local GAAP and IFRS point of view.
You will be a strong qualified Financial Controller who is fluent in German. You will have worked for a number of years in controller roles - covering all aspects of German reporting (including VAT / Tax audits, Stat accounts) and have an exceptional understanding of German business law. The role will work as the key business partner to the German MD so gravitas and the ability to work with senior stakeholders is crucial in making this position a success.
This is a fast paced, high profile role with excellent long term career prospects.