Your new company
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established but rapidly growing company, to assist their further expansion in the region. The successful candidate will have at least 2 years' experience in consultancy with a broad range of geo-environmental skills used to evaluate issues associated with ownership and development of brownfield and potentially contaminated land. The role requires a technical background in contaminated land, engineering geology and / or geotechnics, including site investigation management and report writing experience.
Your new role
Responsibilities will include technical input to projects, including supporting / preparing proposals, project planning, management of resources (office or site based) and sub-contractors (where required), Site supervision, completion of appropriate scheduling of laboratory testing (where necessary), site monitoring, data assessment, factual and interpretative reporting and financial management
What you'll need to succeed
- Full UK Driving Licence essential;
- Site investigation design, supervision and management;
- Excellent understanding of geology and field descriptions in accordance with BS:5930 (2015);
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels within the business, with clients, subcontractors and other third parties (regulators, statutory consultees, etc)
- Development of conceptual site models, undertaking of generic quantitative risk assessments (GQRAs) and ground gas risk assessments in accordance with current UK guidance;
- Track record in the production of factual and interpretative reports, including Desk Studies / PRAs (Phase 1) and Site Investigation reports (Phase 2);
- Good understanding of relevant UK legislation and guidance, including Part llA of the 1990 Environmental Protection Act, CLEA, CLR11 and BS:10175.
What you'll get in return
Career progression, fun but professional working atmosphere, Medical care, Pension, Competitive Salary
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job