• To deliver the Geography curriculum throughout the school, supporting with the revising and developing of new schemes of work.
• To ensure that there is effective target setting in lessons so that all pupils are able to achieve their full potential.
• To ensure that the teaching is sympathetic to the needs of all pupils including the gifted and talented and those requiring learning support and in line with the school's ethos and policies.
• Teaching pupils across the age and ability range, following schemes of work and maintaining the highest standards possible.
• Keeping abreast of wider developments in the subject and exam curricula through attendance at courses and conferences.
• Maintenance of individual pupils' records for pupils; the regular assessment of pupils to assess their progress and setting of pupil performance targets.
• Developing pupils' literacy, numeracy and IT skills as appropriate.
• Liaising with the Pastoral Team in order to gather and report relevant and meaningful information about pupils.
• Liaising with parents at formal meetings and also informally as required, alongside completed termly grades cards and reports.
The successful candidate will have:
• A passion for Geography, with a dynamic and positive outlook.
• A Geography graduate, who ideally holds qualified teacher status
• Able to teach Geography at all Key Stages including Physical and Human Geography at A level.
• A strong classroom practitioner, who has experience teaching pupils throughout the ability range.
• Able to prepare and deliver lessons using a range of teaching strategies, to provide stimulating, challenging and a varied learning experience for pupils.
• A commitment to developing the skills of all pupils and to raise their confidence.
• Preparing pupils for undergraduate studies.
• Confident in using ICT to support teaching and learning.
• Excellent classroom management.
• Able to work as a member of a team, within the Geography department and wider School
• Able to develop good relations with staff, pupils, and parents.
The successful Geography Teacher will benefit from:
Pay to scale
Regular training to enhance and grow your skills
Supportive and friendly team to work with
A friendly consultant on hand whenever needed
An excellent referral scheme
Work within their thriving and friendly department