Our Secondary School in Slough is looking to recruit a Geography teacher for January/February 2018. Applications are welcome from both experienced and newly qualified teachers (NQT).
About the School
A unique 11-19 Academy with a thriving 6th Form located on the border of Buckinghapshire in a designated are of outstanding beauty. The School is easily accessible via the motorway network and alsohas excellent rails links to Central London.
As a member of staff, you will be part of a hard-working team who are passionate about developing our student's potential. At the Academy you are encouraged to use your imagination to create new ways to ignite students' desire to learn.
As a teacher of Geography, your duties will include:
- Teach the classes allocated, and provide a well-planned, challenging and purposeful learning environment for students
- Support and carry out policies and practices to promote positive student behaviour and achievement in English within the framework of the Positive Discipline policy
- Set homework on a regular basis and mark student work promptly
- Assess, monitor, record and report on student achievement in line with Academy and Curriculum Area policy, including writing student reports and attending parents meetings
- Assist in the identification of student special educational needs, and support the work of the Learning Support Team, including participation in the writing and review of individual education plans
- Make effective use of student performance data, and student and staff target-setting; and provide relevant information to the Head of Faculty, Heads of House and Academy Directors
- Monitor and record student attendance in line with Academy and Curriculum Area policy, and support the Head of Faculty and Academy Directors in the maintenance of high levels of student attendance
To apply for this position please submit your uptodate CV that includes your contact details.
ITN Mark Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
ITN Mark Education is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job