GSL Education invites applications for the position of a full-time long-term Geography Teacher commencing after February half-term break until the end of the 2018 academic year. The successful candidate will be expected to teach Geography across Key Stages 3 & 4!
>> A non-selective school consistently performing significantly above the national average in their GCSE results. Students’ progress is regularly monitored to ensure early intervention and to provide additional support as and when required
>> Students grow to be confident leaders. They are courteous and well behaved, expressing a very strong sense of community identity and developing strong friendships. They are reared with the school’s core values of courage, integrity, respect, commitment, loyalty and self-discipline
>> OFSTED inspection of the school is overall good in terms of their quality of teaching, behavior and safety of pupils, and their leadership and management
The applicant is required to have the following:
• Ideally hold a valid teaching qualification or UK equivalent namely a: PGCE in Secondary Geography, B.Ed with QTS
• An Undergraduate degree in Geography or in a relevant field with at least two years of work experience in a school setting that can be referenced
• Must be passionate about teaching and delivering the curriculum but also genuinely concerned about making a difference to their students
• A strong communicator with a good command of their subject and in possession of good behaviour management skills
• Possess an up-to-date enhanced DBS or be willing to apply for a new one through GSL Education
At GSL education, we are dedicated 24/7 to find the best placements for deserving candidates whether you are a veteran or an NQT. GSL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. Interested applicants are requested to email their CV to GSL Education ASAP!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job