In this position your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• To teach maths to pupils of all abilities from Years 7 - 13.
• To liaise with the head of department to ensure effective strategies are in place to support the learning of pupils.
• To check that all subject matter is effectively communicated and mastered by all groups of pupils.
• To deal with inappropriate behaviour quickly and effectively according to the school behaviour policy.
• To set appropriate tasks and challenges for homework according to the published timetable, and ensure that it is regularly marked with formative feedback.
• To keep accurate records of pupil progress in line with departmental and school policy.
• To utilise teaching assistants effectively.
The successful candidate will:
• Be fully qualified in the subject , holding QTS and any other relevant qualification
• Be able to teach every aspect of Geography across all abilities and ranges up to A level
• Be able to work well as team to plan and execute all aspects of the National Curriculum
• Have the ability to design and promote a wide range of teaching and learning styles and techniques that support students, ensuring an effective delivery of subject matter
• Have an understanding and committed approach to students mental and emotional wellbeing as well as academic
• Have the ability to liaise with SENCO's , parents and staff in order to support and appropriately progress SEN pupils and those with learning difficulties.
If you feel that you embody these qualities then please get in touch with us sending your CV. To be successful in this role you must have a genuine passion for education and previous experience would be an advantage. You will be able to create a fun, safe educational environment and have high expectations of the students levels of achievement. Protocol Education is one of the country's leading education recruitment agencies and we offer competitive rates of pay.
Perhaps you have a friend that may be interested in a post like this? We offer a Refer a Teacher' scheme where you can earn £250 for successfully referring an applicant! For more details please contact the London Secondary South team, we look forward to meeting you.