Start date: Easter or September 2018
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: M1- M6
Contract term: Permanent or long term
We are looking for a Geography specialist from Easter 2018 to teach within an "outstanding" boys grammar school. The ideal person will be able to teach Geography up to GCSE level and offer another humanities subject.
Our client is a selective, all-boys grammar school with a sixth form, situated in Redbridge, Essex. Facilities include on-site tennis courts and a heated indoor swimming pool.
The grammar school wants all pupils to grow into happy, well-balanced young men during their time in secondary school and sixth form. Their beliefs are encouraged and nurtured alongside their academic capabilities. Strong emphasis is placed on citizenship and boys are supported to become actively involved in the wider community in Ilford.
Ofsted rated this school as outstanding and students and their parents hold it in very high regard.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified teacher of Geography (ideally PGCE, GTP, B'ed, Cert Ed, BA with QTS).
- Demonstrate recent experience as a Geography teacher.
- Be proven to raise and maintain attainment levels, keeping standards high.
- Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills with excellent behaviour management strategies.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving Teachers across Greater London. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client Schools.
We welcome applications from all teachers who feel that they can add value to this school and whom can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment. For more information on the Geography teacher timetable, school and how to apply please contact Charlotte Meelam at GSL education.