We are working with an independent school that is looking for a Geography Teacher to join their team for 12 months to cover Maternity starting in February 2019.
The school is set in the heart of the Kent countryside and provides a safe, secure and welcoming environment, with their pupils and staff getting to know each other well throughout their time together. The school offers tolerance and respect, as well as a true feeling of belonging and self-worth. The school is equipped with modern, state of the art facilities to help students flourish in their education.
As a Teacher of Geography your responsibilities will be:
• To deliver the Geography curriculum throughout the school, supporting with the revising and developing of new schemes of work.
• To ensure that there is effective target setting in lessons so that all pupils are able to achieve their full potential.
• To ensure that the teaching is sympathetic to the needs of all pupils including the gifted and talented and those requiring learning support and in line with the school's ethos and policies.
• Teaching pupils across the age and ability range, following schemes of work and maintaining the highest standards possible.
• Keeping abreast of wider developments in the subject and exam curricula through attendance at courses and conferences.
• Maintenance of individual pupils' records for pupils; the regular assessment of pupils to assess their progress and setting of pupil performance targets.
• Developing pupils' literacy, numeracy and IT skills as appropriate.
• Liaising with the Pastoral Team in order to gather and report relevant and meaningful information about pupils.
• Liaising with parents at formal meetings and also informally as required, alongside completed termly grades cards and reports.
The successful candidate will have:
• A passion for Geography, with a dynamic and positive outlook.
• A Geography graduate, who ideally holds qualified teacher status
• Able to teach Geography at all Key Stages including Physical and Human Geography at A level.
• A strong classroom practitioner, who has experience teaching pupils throughout the ability range.
• Able to prepare and deliver lessons using a range of teaching strategies, to provide stimulating, challenging and a varied learning experience for pupils.
• A commitment to developing the skills of all pupils and to raise their confidence.
• Preparing pupils for undergraduate studies.
• Confident in using ICT to support teaching and learning.
• Excellent classroom management.
• Able to work as a member of a team, within the Geography department and wider School
• Able to develop good relations with staff, pupils, and parents.
The successful Geography Teacher will benefit from:
Pay to scale
Regular training to enhance and grow your skills
Supportive and friendly team to work with
A friendly consultant on hand whenever needed
An excellent referral scheme
Work within their thriving and friendly department
Get in touch if you would like to be considered by sending your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'