Geography Teacher - Maternity cover
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Geography Teacher to cover a maternity position at a well established 11-16 co educational community school serving the upper part of the Swansea Valley.
It is a large school serving over 1200 students from a widely dispersed catchment area.
As a full time Geography teacher your duties will include but not be limited to;
- deliver a planned, challenging and appropriate curriculum based on the learning needs of individual pupils and National Curriculum programmes of study.
- To ensure that all learners have equal access to learning opportunities.
- To involve learners in making choices about their learning.
- To help learners develop towards independence in their learning.
- To prepare learners for public examinations.
- To monitor the progress of individual learners, diagnosing strengths and learning needs and agreeing learning targets with learners.
- To provide learners with regular and constructive feedback on their progress through discussion and the marking of classwork, homework, tests, examinations and learner self evaluation.
- To keep accurate and informative records in line with departmental policy on assessment and recording.
- To ensure continuity and progression in the curriculum for each learner, within and across key stages.
- To prepare and discuss regular progress reports with learners.
- To work in partnership with parents to promote pupils' learning achievement. This will include discussion with parents on Parents' Evening and at other times, as and when appropriate.
- To create a classroom environment which supports and stimulates learning. This will include the efficient organisation of resources and the display of learners' work.
- To liaise with other subject teachers, where appropriate, in order to promote a cross-curricular approach to learning.
- To implement school policies.
- To work as part of a departmental team, reviewing and developing the curriculum, and producing resources to support learning for the full ability range.
- To manage classroom resources to ensure that there is minimum wastage.
- To support other members of the departmental team through the sharing of skills and experience.
- To take part in an agreed review scheme and on other staff development activities.
- To keep abreast of other developments in the subject.
If you would like to hear more than please contact Hayley with your most recent CV at
*Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job