Our client is one of the UK’s largest geotechnical and contaminated land consultancies. The company now has an exciting opportunity for a Geo-environmental/ Geotechnical Engineer to join their newly formed team in Cambridgeshire. Working alongside an experienced team you will get involved with an array of development projects.
- The company has a strong portfolio of clients in a wide number of sectors including rail, energy, property and construction, and the public sector. Their current workload includes earthworks projects, housing developments, landfills and commercial developments.
A Geo-environmental Engineer is responsible for undertaking project investigations, with a focus on site-based work. This will include both geo-environmental and geotechnical site investigations, data interpretation and reporting.
This role would suit some with a proactive can do approach, close attention to deal, enthusiasm to get the job done well and ability to get on with a wide range of people.
- Undertaking Preliminary Risk Assessments (Phase 1 Desk Studies) and intrusive site investigations for environmental and/or geotechnical purposes in line with national standards and codes of practice.
- Managing fieldwork activities and subcontractors
- Preparing health and safety documentation, liaising with subcontractors and scheduling soil and water samples for analytical and geotechnical testing
- Writing factual and interpretative reports
- BSc degree level qualified in Geology, Chemistry, Civil Engineering or a related subject essential
- MSc in Engineering Geology/Geotechnical Engineering or Contaminated Land related subjects preferable but not essential
- Experience of undertaking intrusive site investigations, including leading fieldworks including Health & Safety issues, managing sub-contractors, and undertaking sampling and laboratory scheduling
- Experience of undertaking environmental monitoring including groundwater low flow, ground gas and vapour
- Experience of preparing and assisting with interpretative reports for geo-environmental and geotechnical purposes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prepared to work as part of a team or as an individual
- Candidates must be willing to spend a significant amount of their working day out on site and away from home.
- Full UK driving licence.
Salary and benefits:
- £depending on experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
- We encourage Continuing Professional Development and as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society, we are committed to supporting candidates through the Pathway to Chartership.
Our client prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top 10 UK environmental consultancies and ranked first for contaminated land and remediation consultancy, and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Since 1989, their philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for this client is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference.
They operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, they encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining them, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. They want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
All candidates applying for positions must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job