Geo-Environmental Engineer (or Geo-Technical Engineer), Salary £25,000 - £31,000 (dependant on experience, ideally 3 years +) + BENEFITS including profit related bonus (based on both personal and team results), company pension, private health care, free parking, flexi-time, paid overtime, up to 25 days holiday + bank holidays, use of company vehicle, on-going training and development including supporting professional memberships etc.
We are happy to consider candidates with either a Geo-Technical or Geo-Environmental / Contaminated land background - some experience of both would be great.
This is an opportunity to work as a Geo-Environmental Engineer (or Geo-Technical Engineer) for a well-established, successful and dynamic Geo-Environmental Consultancy based in Bristol (BS1) who provide a complete service from initial land appraisal, through planning and investigation, to remedial design and regulatory 'sign off' for the development of brown-field land. With a company ethos of quality, teamwork, fairness and passion you will enjoy both a highly varied role and the opportunity for further career progression in an environment where personal value and contribution is recognised and rewarded.
As Geo-Environmental Engineer (or Geo-Technical Engineer) your main role will be to project manage, undertake and prepare technical site investigations and reports, liaising with clients to manage expectations at all key stages. You will also be responsible for preparing quotations, budget management and cost control.
Geo-Environmental Engineer / Geo-Technical Engineer, RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Technical Reporting - ensuring highest levels of quality on both a technical and aesthetic level.
- Project Management - establishing project brief, allocating resources, managing and communicating progress and communicating conclusions and actioning proposals.
- Site Investigation and Management - preparing exploratory hole logs, sampling, preparing laboratory testing schedules, maintaining clear records etc.
- Client liaison, management and relationship building.
- Team-working - contributing to management meetings, developing junior staff members and supporting other team members.
Geo-Environmental / Geo-Technical Engineer, SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A minimum of 2-3 years relevant work experience - ideally a combination of Geo-Technical and Environmental/Contaminated land.
- A relevant degree (Earth Science, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Geology etc.).
- Experience in conducting geo-environmental and/or geo-technical site works including: health and safety management; logging soils in accordance with best practise; sampling and laboratory scheduling to meet the project brief; soakaway testing; subcontractor management.
- Experience of preparing Phase 1 and Phase 2 site investigation reports and risk assessments.
- Commercial astuteness with the ability to maximise business levels and relationships with existing clients.
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and driven team player with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- A full driving license.
Dawn O’Shea is recruiting the Geo-Environmental Engineer / Geo-Technical engineer directly on behalf of the company so NO AGENCIES PLEASE. If your CV is short-listed you will be contacting within 14 days to discuss the role and your requirements.
- Contaminated Land
- Environmental Engineering
- Engineering Geology
- Geotechnical Engineering