Job Title: Geo-Environmental Consultant
Salary: £27K - £34K
My client is currently seeking a Geo-Environmental Consultant with experience ideally in some of the following areas: Site investigation and assessment, remediation and reclamation design, contract management, design implementation and validation. Experience in waste management and landfill engineering would be beneficial, but not essential.
1. Design and implementation of Preliminary Risk Assessments and Intrusive Ground Investigations including soil and rock logging, soil and groundwater sampling and in-situ testing.
2. High level understanding of contaminated land legislation and the planning regime as well as ability to provide clear and valued commercial advice understanding individual Client and project needs.
3. Interpretative report writing including undertaking human health risk and groundwater assessment utilising CLEA, ConSim, RBCA, SNIFFER, BP RISC and EA Remedial Targets for Hydrogeological Risk Assessment.
4. Contaminated land remedial works - outline design and specification.
5. Preparation of detailed design of contaminated land earthworks and remediation schemes.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
1. Good client facing skills are essential.
2. A BSc or BEng in a relevant Geological or Environmental Discipline and MSc in related subject an advantage.
3. Undertaking preliminary geotechnical assessments such as basic foundation designs is seen as an advantage.
4. A strong sense of customer service and focus; excellent organisational skills with flexible attitude to time management, travelling, office based and site works; ability to work consistently and methodically under pressure, meet deadlines and achieve goals.
What do you do now?
If you would like to discuss this vacancy in confidence, then please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.