Genset Work Package Engineer
Bouygues Energies & Services has an exciting opportunity available for a Genset Work Package Engineer to be based from our Bristol office.
You would be working with the Technical team, who are contributing to the work that we are carrying out on the Emergency Diesel Generators at the incredible Hinkley Point C Nuclear Power Station project. This is a great opportunity to work on the biggest construction project in the UK!
We are considering both experienced engineers and graduate engineers for this position.
Job Purpose & Scope:
To provide project engineering support to the Deputy Technical Manager, including review of design and manufacturing/quality deliverables, planning and overseeing delivery of Genset care & maintenance, progress tracking (actions and programme), administration of manufacturing records and non-conformances, internal reporting.
- Develop tools for tracking HHI physical progress. Tool(s) shall allow measurement of progress and facilitate monthly reporting.
- Keep track progress of HHI work (deliverables, requests for information, requests for proposals) by administrating (producing agendas, recording minutes and maintaining action trackers, applying change and configuration management processes).
- Keep track of HHI performance against the agreed schedule.
- Technical review of HHI deliverables and communications submitted through e-doc.
- Administration of correspondence and records association with the Genset WP.
- Planning, implementation and oversight of Site care & maintenance activities.
- Validation of requirements acquisition relating to the Genset WP following BYES procedure.
- Follow up of the qualification process and its interfaces with design sequence / planning of the qualification activities and control of their interfaces with the project planning.
- Fulfil specified and implied occupational Health & Safety responsibilities by adherence to the requirements of the Company's Health & Safety Policy and Health & Safety Management Plans.
- Comply with the Company’s Policies, Management Plans and Procedures.
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required within the Department / Service.
The person will ideally have:
- A degree in an engineering discipline
- Nuclear experience or experience working in a regulated environment
- Knowledge of general installation (including diesel engines and generators)
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of electrical, control and instrumentation
- An understanding of change and interface management
- Thorough attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken English
- A driving licence (essential)
Why Bouygues E&S Solutions?
Bouygues Energies & Services Solutions (BYES) is an international business operating in over 25 countries and employing over 13,500 people. The company is part of the Bouygues Group – a global brand employing over 130,000 people in 80 countries within the construction, engineering, civil works, energy services, telecommunications, and media sectors.
In the UK, Bouygues Energies & Services is a leading provider of facilities management (FM), energy services, highways, and complex engineering solutions across the public and private sectors.
Bouygues E&S Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We place a strong emphasis on continual development, both professional and interpersonal. Currently over 2% of the Company’s payroll is spent on Learning and Development activities. We have our own international and local training centres, delivering technical and management courses.
Here at Bouygues we value the creativity and innovation that our diverse workforce brings, encouraging people from all backgrounds, particularly those from underrepresented communities to apply. By joining us, you will be inspired to bring your full self to the workplace, speak up and share your unique ideas. You will also have an opportunity to join our employee led diversity & inclusion communities such as WeLink (women network), Encompass (LGBTQ+), Kaleidoscope (BAME), Disability and Wellness peer support network, Parents and Carers network.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We value your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal details. If you choose to apply for this role, please do not include any sensitive data on your CV which reveals (directly or indirectly); your race or ethnic origins, your political, philosophical or religious opinions, or your membership of a trade union, your social security number, or information which relates to your health or sexual orientation or to any criminal convictions.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'