Wren Kitchens are a family owned manufacturer, installer and retailer of fitted kitchens and the UK’s number 1 kitchen retail specialist. We’re passionate about kitchens and in providing a great service for our customers. It’s a very exciting time for us as we currently have 63 showrooms across the UK and due to our continued success, we will be opening several more throughout the year – including Plymouth in 2018!
We are now looking for a General Showroom Manager for our new Plymouth showroom, to join us now and plan the journey to the grand opening of the showroom. As it’s a brand new showroom, your first task will be to recruit your team; your Assistant Manager, Kitchen Designers, Design Surveyors and Weekend Customer Advisors. Once your team is in place, you’ll support, guide and train them to deliver expected sales targets and service standards. When the showroom has opened, you will be expected to take full responsibility for the success of the showroom by leading and motivating the team to achieve their personal targets and objectives.
We provide full training when you join, so to start, you'll be enrolled onto our 6-Month Management Induction Programme. You’ll begin your journey in the showroom, learning about our products and our systems and completing an e-learning course. After that, we’ll send you to our purpose built Training Academy for a short while, where you’ll receive some intensive face to face kitchen and management training to prepare you for leading your showroom team. You’ll complete the full training programme alongside your management role. The Devon area is a brand new location for us, so we don’t have any local showrooms there – this will be our first, with many more to come! However, this will mean you’ll need to travel to our nearest showroom in Bristol as part of your training programme. Accommodation may be provided where needed.
You'll need to be driven and ambitious to achieve your targets, whilst providing an exceptional customer journey. You’ll also need to have sales and management experience for this role. You’ll probably have experience in a role such as Sales Manager, Showroom Manager, Branch Manager, Store Manager or other management related role.
Interviews will be held on 26th & 27th September
Here are more details about what our General Managers do at Wren:
Critical purpose of role:
- To deliver exceptional customer experience; from initial engagement through to delivery or completed installation
- To manage retail showroom team to deliver expected sales targets & service standards
- To ensure Wren values are adhered to throughout the showroom & to develop skills across the team
- Manage end to end customer experience; Wren sales model, engagement, qualification, design, delivery and installation
- Managing and coaching in the showroom team to deliver; sales/KPI targets, service standards, showroom presentation standards, process compliance & company values by being an inspirational leader within the showroom
- HR; Conducting regular 1-2-1s, Performance Development reviews with the showroom team & interviewing / recruiting as required
- Working with Installation Managers to ensure service standards of fitters and installations in general are maintained
- Working with the Assistant General Manager to identify individual training requirements across the showroom team
- Communicating with customers to ensure they are happy with service, products & installation
- Managing lead bank, generating appointments & managing outstanding quotes to ensure sales are converted
- Allocating web, telephone and walk in customers to designers
- Supporting showroom team with escalations and issue resolution where required
- Conducting daily team briefings to ensure showroom team is aware of all relevant information from HQ & locally
- Mandatory: Basic IT skills, 3-5 years retail experience or service led sales experience, 1-2 years managing a team
- Desired: HND or Equivalent, design experience
Some Benefits of Working for Us
- Fantastic pay – best pay package in the kitchen sector
- Amazing perks & benefits – free Tastecard, half price cinema tickets, discounts off high street shopping
- Great career opportunities with ongoing expert training and ambitious expansion plans
- Amazing incentives during our peak seasons
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job