Working for a large, state of the art facility in Berkshire I need a superstar when it comes to the sales department; someone who can lead, motivate and inspire a large team of hungry Sales Executives. As the General Sales Manager you will need to have experience dealing with large volumes, have a customer centric ethos and be familiar with compliance. You will find yourself working for an automotive group with a thirst for being the best tailoring all of their processes around their people; as they know they cannot do it without you!
You will find yourself…
- Managing your team will have been an ingredient to that success and you must be able to demonstrate some of the key skills required to get the best from your team.
- Reporting directly to the Dealer Principal, you will currently be in a similar role and looking for the next phase of your career development
- Maximising the sales and profitability of vehicles and associated products, you must possess and be able to demonstrate first class selling and marketing skills gained within the motor industry at a high level
- The successful applicant will be driven by success and will have a track record of experience in delivering results in their current role
- The successful applicant can expect full support in the achievement of the highest performance standards and customer experience
- Controlling costs in line with departmental and dealership objectives and business plans, you will ensure that profit targets are achieved, margins maintained and expenses controlled, utilising all resources cost effectively.
- With credible leadership skills, you will have practical and recent experience of effectively managing, coaching, motivating and developing a sales team to ensure that industry-leading performance standards are evident throughout the department. This will not only ensure strong departmental performance and customer retention but in addition staff retention, succession planning, and the management of poor performers.
- Our Client places a strong focus on customer care and satisfaction which is paramount to meet and exceed sales targets. Your excellent interpersonal skills will ensure that your department has a strong customer focus in line with business objectives and you must therefore be an excellent communicator who is firm, fair, assertive and highly professional.
- Leading by example, you will ensure that this is demonstrated throughout the department, irrespective of the volume of work within the department at any one time. You will therefore have up to date knowledge of vehicle legislation, consumer legislation and trade practices with strong, relevant and practical knowledge of modern business methods and controls.
Who we are looking for
- Experience working as a General Sales Manager is essential
- A motivated individual with lots of enthusiasm for running a sales team
- Organised individual who can prioritise workload effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills will ensure that your department has a strong customer focus in line with business objectives
- Excellent communicator who is firm, fair, assertive and highly professional
- The group want someone looking to eventually progress their career
What is on offer?
£78,000 - £85,000 OTE
Tax efficient Company Car
25 days HolidayHCP International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- sales manager
- head of sales
- brand manager
- general sales manager
- assistant sales manager
- used car sales manager
- franchise manager
- new car sales manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job