Production Operative - Manufacturing
Attractive pay rates and excellent benefits
Keywords include: production, machine operation, manual handling, material handling, equipment operation, Early shift, Late shift, Night shift, hoists, cranes, pallet truck, communication skills, hand tools, measuring equipment.
Our client is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Production Operative under direct supervision, performs routine production tasks and operates specific production machinery. They ensure the maintenance of a safe work environment with an ultimate goal of zero accidents.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Performs routine production tasks such as operating subassembly equipment, coating equipment, ovens, material handling equipment including hoists, cranes, tow motors, pallet trucks, and other miscellaneous equipment
- Completes troubleshooting while operating equipment, including performing and documenting limited preventative maintenance
- Monitors, measures, and records quality assurance data including, but not limited to, dimensions, weight, or other specific information
- Observes safe work practices, maintains a safe and clean work environment and wears the appropriate personal protective equipment
- Tracks orders, utilizing appropriate equipment, moves material to enable the production process to flow efficiently and effectively
- Comprehends and accurately follows specific detailed operational instructions and prints for job and setup operations
- Follows specific quality criteria to maintain quality system requirements
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Years' Experience: 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Skilled in the use of hand tools including calipers, depth gages, micrometers, and other measuring equipment, and machinery
- Ability to read various instructions
- Abe to problem-solve using existing procedures to perform straightforward tasks
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills
If you have the above skills and experience please apply on line with your full CV to Paula Ball.
Ideal living locations include; Loughborough, Shepshed, Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Burton upon Trent, Leicester, Kegworth, Coalville
- communication skills
- manual handling
- hand tools
- Night shift
- pallet truck
- machine operation
- Late shift
- material handling
- equipment operation
- Early shift
- measuring equipment.