General Practice Senior (Accounts, Tax & Audit)
McGinnis Loy Associates is proud to be working with a growing regional Accountancy Firm who are looking for a Qualified General Practice Senior (Accounts, Tax & Audit) for their Berkshire & London offices. Managing your own portfolio of owner-managed businesses including sole traders, companies and partnership clients up to £50m turnover and a small team of junior staff, key deliverables for the position include:
• Carrying out Accounts & Financial statement preparation, and management accounting for clients
• Accounting for fixed assets and depreciation, stock, prepayments, accrued/deferred income, accruals
• Preparation and control of personal & corporate tax work and carrying through approved work plans
• Producing audit files for review by the Audit Manager/Director
• Providing general assistance to the client engagement managers and business tax team
• Preparation and submission of VAT returns and year-end accounts for clients
• Planning of general practice assignments, taking responsibility for achieving agreed budgets and meeting client deadlines.
• Setting objectives for junior staff and supervising them on-site, including reviewing work and coaching on the job
• Preparation of company accounts, groups of companies, partnerships and LLP’s together with Tax computations.
• Close liaison with clients and other stakeholders, often direct contact at Finance Director Level
• Ensuring all work is carried out profitably and on a timely basis in accordance with the firm's standards
• Attending external business seminars and events to help build relationships with clients and prospective clients
To be considered for the role you should be a qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant, ideally degree-educated with comprehensive general practice experience including Accounts & Tax, some staff management skills would be preferred, and a car driver with access to your own car. You should be technically up to date with UK GAAP/IFRS and knowledge of IRIS and Sage would be a distinct advantage. On offer is a salary up to £45,000 depending on experience, with benefits to include free parking, company pension, healthcare and holidays. To apply for the position or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy. com
For other opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website at www.mcginnisloy.com. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act.
Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounts
- Client Accounts