General Practice Pharmacist Specialist
We are pleased to offer this exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our team of pharmacists and technicians, providing a high standard of pharmaceutical care to the population of Orkney.
This post is an opportunity to be involved in the development and delivery of Pharmacotherapy Services within General Practice in NHS Orkney, aligned with the visions of Realistic Medicine, Achieving Excellence in Pharmaceutical Care and the new GMS contract. You will have the opportunity to develop your own specialist area of clinical practice. The pharmacy team is integrated across Health and Social Care and you will be based in a new healthcare facility nearing completion, which will host a the hospital and two busy GP practices, although a large part of your time will be spent in more rural GP practices.
It’s not just the job, you will be able to live in one of Scotland’s most beautiful unspoilt islands with low pollution and crime, excellent schools, a unique culture and amazing scenery. Orkney is consistently voted as one of the best places to live in the UK.
The successful candidate will:
• Have an undergraduate Masters Degree (or equivalent) in Pharmacy and be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council.
• Have a post-graduate qualification in appropriate area of pharmacy practice or equivalent experience.
• Be registered as an independent pharmacist prescriber with the General Pharmaceutical Council (or be willing to undertake training).
• Have at least 3 years post qualification experience of two or more sectors of pharmacy, including primary care or general practice settings.
• Demonstrate a high level of professional practice and expert clinical knowledge, reasoning and judgement.
• Have excellent analytical and organisational skills to facilitate the efficacious and cost effective medicines use.
• Be a good team worker with the ability to motivate others, also with the ability to act independently.
We would welcome your application!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'