Taylor Hawkes are currently recruiting for a general practice accountant, the candidate will need to be ACA / ACCA qualified with at least three years post qualified experience. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a top 30 firm offering a multi-discipline role.
- The individual will be responsible for a diverse portfolio of clients, both private and corporate and will provide advice over a broad spectrum of services including, accounting, tax, trusts and audits. There will be the opportunity to have regular client contact and to work closely with many Partners.
The role will encompass the following:
- Managing all aspects of their allocated client portfolio; including planning, the execution of the work, drafting of correspondence and billing. The work will include the requisite elements of the work from start to completion on accounting, tax, trusts and audit.
- Planning work and allocating appropriate resources to ensure that work is completed in a timely manner and to a high standard; reviewing work and giving feedback to junior staff.
- Acting as the main point of contact for the clients in the portfolio and corresponding with them in the most appropriate way.
- Dealing with the HMR&C, investment managers, lawyers and other third parties.
- Assisting with other ad hoc assignments in relation to the financial affairs of clients.
- Assisting with marketing the firm and attending networking events with
- co-professionals, as appropriate.
- Preferably ACA qualified with first-time passes and a good academic record,
- 3 years+ post qualification;
- A strong general accountancy background, including personal tax. Experience of trusts and estates would be an advantageous;
- Effective client handling/service skills
- Confidence in dealing with the HMR&C, bankers and investment managers.
- Able to take responsibility and 'own' assignments and use initiative and flair;
- Experienced in coaching and delegating to staff and able to organise and review the work of junior staff.
- Top 30 Firm