General Practice Manager / Client Accounts Manager
McGinnis Loy Finance is proud to be working with a TOP20 Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their senior team with the appointment of a General Practice Manager (Audit, Tax & Accounts) in Guildford. You will be required to supervise junior ACCA/ACA Accountants, liaise with Partners and other Client Managers, reviewing the audit and management accounts of SME and Corporate PLC businesses. Key duties include:
- Managing a £400-500k portfolio of corporate clients, supervising a small team who look after a UK and Int’l client base
- Managing year-end processes and reviewing statutory financial statements under UK GAAP and IFRS as well as annual accounts for partnerships and sole traders
- Planning and budgeting for client audits including staff allocation, risk/control assessments and final audit reports
- Taking part in ad-hoc investigations, due diligence and tax compliance duties as required by partners
- Managing the month-end process including reviewing monthly management accounts prepared by juniors
- Day to day running of client accounts including dealing with escalated queries and more complex technical issues.
- Liaising with senior colleagues and the other Audit & Tax teams to resolve technical queries including corporation tax.
- Ensuring all work allocated is carried out profitably in accordance with the firm's standards, and responsible for billings
- Liaising with clients to ensure their audit and accountancy work is running smoothly.
To be considered for the General Practice Manager / Client Accounts Manager role you should be a qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant with at least 4 years experience running your own client portfolio, and ideally from a Top75 or well-regarded Regional Accounting firm. With strong tax, statutory and annual accounts experience along with staff management, knowledge of mid-range accounting software (e.g. Iris Exchequer, Caseware, Sage Line 50) would also be useful.
On offer is a salary up to £55,000 depending on experience with benefits to include company pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday. To apply for the positions or for more information, please contact McGinnis Loy Associates (Reading) office by telephone or via email at admin@mcginnisloy. com
For other General Practice Manager / Client Accounts Manager opportunities in Finance & Accounting or Public Practice within the Thames Valley, London & Midlands, please visit our website. McGinnis Loy Associates is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, in accordance with the Employment Agencies Act. Follow us on twitter @mcginnisloy or check our Linked-In company profile
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounts
- Client Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job