MERJE have been instructed by a market leading independent firm of accountants based in Warrington who are looking to appoint an experienced manager.
You will be responsible to lead and supervise a team of qualified and non qualified chartered accountants to provide accounting services to a large portfolio of OMB/SME clients across Lancashire.
This is a modern practice that can offer a range of variety and exposure alongside an opportunity to progress if desired.
You will be part of the management team reporting directly into the Partners of the firm
This role would suit a candidate who is a qualified chartered accountant or qualified by experience and has the ambition and experience to manage a medium team of professionals with the ability to prioritise work-flow.
- To plan, control and review accounts preparation work for a mixed portfolio of clients.
- To plan, control and review VAT, outsourcing and management accounts work.
- Managing of WIP and debtors.
- To act as day-to-day point of contact for the client and to practise the principals of excellent client service at all times.
- To communicate the progress on clients and problems arising to the Partner immediately and be in a position to identify and comment upon possible solutions to issues as they arise.
- To maintain awareness of the further specialist services and publications and to be aware and make new business opportunities.
- To review work completed by junior and senior staff for adequacy and completeness and to undertake job appraisal reviews.
- To assist in student and staff recruitment training and interviewing.
- To develop and maintain advanced technical knowledge through the appropriate reading and courses, and fulfil the Institutes CPD requirements.
- To attend department staff meetings and training as required.
- To carry out any other duties which are within the scope, and purpose of the role as Manager, as requested by the Head of Department.
If you would like to be considered for this role please click on the link to apply.
- Chartered Accountants
- Managing Accounts