Salary: £45k - £50k
Do you have Extensive Leadership / People Management Experience ?
If YES, Please Read on.....
Our client provides high quality lighting, audio, video and scenic solutions to the live events industry.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join our clients’ dynamic team in the role of General Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will support the senior leadership team in the day to day running of the business. You will assume overall responsibility for all business support services including human resources, premises, IT & finance with a view to promoting best practice. You will assist the senior leadership team in the creation and development of scalable and resilient processes to improve all aspects of the business. You will provide leadership support to other heads of department to ensure that staff at all levels are supported to deliver projects to the highest of standards.
The ideal candidate will have a strong commercial background with proven leadership & management experience. You must be a proactive and engaging leader, passionate about developing people and teams within a thriving business environment. You must possess a keen eye for detail and a meticulous approach to problem solving. You will be highly computer literate and a background in the live event industry would be beneficial. Excellent interpersonal skills will be essential along with a hands-on approach and a good sense of humour!
Normal working hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm. Due to the nature of the live events industry there may be occasional requirements for out-of-hours support. A full driving license will be extremely beneficial.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join a friendly and passionate team that thrives on a challenge. We’ll reward you with a generous salary, opportunities for personal growth and a fun working environment with a group of people who care.
General Manger - Responsibilities:-
• Support the Directors with the day to day management of the business
• Support the Directors with the development of all areas of the business
• Take overall responsibility for all non project related facets of the business - Human resources finance, premises, IT
• Evaluate, develop, document, promote and monitor processes to continually improve efficiency and effectiveness
• Provide direct line management to business support team
• Support other HoDs / line managers with any ad hoc HR and staff development issues as they arise
• Oversee all human resources processes & deal with any ad hoc issues as they arise
• Oversee staff CPD and appraisals processes
• Oversee staff recruitment
• Orchestrate appropriate staff training in conjunction with HoDs
• Provide support to the Office Manager with payroll queries and holiday requests
• Monitor & approve staff overtime
• Oversee all finance processes & deal with any ad hoc issues as they arise
• Support the Finance Director & Book Keeper with any ad hoc supplier / client queries as they arise
• Support the Finance Director with any information requests
• Support the Book Keeper with the management of staff expenses
• Monitor and evaluate external accountants / payroll providers to ensure effectiveness and resolve ad hoc issues
• Oversee all premises maintenance issues & deal with any ad hoc issues as they arise
• Monitor & evaluate external contractors (Cleaning / Rubbish Removal / Fire / Security) to ensure effectiveness and resolve ad hoc issues
• Chair monthly HoDs meetings, circulate minutes and ensure action points are achieved
• Provide general support to project teams to deal with ad hoc issues as they arise
• Operate within all LPFS protocols and procedures
• Promote safe working practices throughout all areas of company operations
• Adopt a positive, can-do attitude to all challenges
• Act as an ambassador for the company at all times
• Undertake any other tasks as reasonably requested
Keywords: General Manager Jobs, General Manager for Events, General Manager - Venue, General Manager - Event Production, General Manger Set Staging company, General Manager - Events Venue
Right & Square Recruitment is an employment agency and employment business
- Business Support
- Staff Development
- Staff Training
- Direct Line Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'