Reporting to: Head of Logistics Operations
The Market Leading Culina Group is recruiting for a General Manager (known locally as Outbound Logistics Manager) to manage the fast paced chilled milk outbound operations within the MMID business Unit.
Reporting to the Head of Logistics Operations, we are looking for a commercially astute, operationally sound General Manger with a strong back ground in running a fast moving operation both within an open and closed book environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experience Senior Manager to join the business with scope to deliver future growth but be a part of this successfully run business and continue to promote its values of exemplary quality and service to current and future customers.
The General Manager will be accountable for all aspects of the Glasgow Operation and be customer focused to deliver growth in revenue and profitability. He/She will have in-depth knowledge of the logistics sector, and will be committed to a journey of sustainable growth.
Duties will include:
* Responsible for managing the day to day activities of a FMCG chilled warehouse and transport operation.
* Ensure the smooth running of the depot operations including financial management, performance management and health, safety & welfare
* Provide strong visible leadership in order to ultimately manage all staff through performance, management and training
* Manage the product, the clients and the customers from the point the product enters the depot until it arrives at its ultimate destination.
* Responsible for profit and loss and budget setting for the depot
The Successful Applicant will:
* Be an established Senior Manager with strong commercial business acumen
* Commercially focussed, customer service driven and bottom-line oriented.
* Have the ability to maximise financial performance
* Be an effective communicator at all levels with the personal motivation and confidence to have a positive impact within Culina Logistics as well as with clients
* Experience of working in both and open book and closed book environment.
* Significant experience of developing management teams within a similar complex operation.
* Be a firm, confident manager, skilled at setting clear objectives and motivating their team to achieve them
* Be professional, approachable and helpful to ensure smooth running of the operation
What's on offer:
Competitive basic salary
Company Car / Car Allowance
Private Health Care
Click APPLY NOW to kick-start your application and become one step closer to becoming part of the award winning logistics company that is Culina Group.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'