Who are we?
Meantime Brewing Company is a leading UK modern craft brewery. Founded by Alastair Hook in 1999, and based in Greenwich, South East London, our mission was and still is to change the way people think about beer!
Quality, passion and the drive for continuous improvement is at the heart of everything we do to ensure that our Beers are the best they can be. It is this drive, combined with our blend of tradition and modern technology that has enabled us to win multiple Gold Medals in the World Beer Cup.
Since 2016 we began a new chapter with Asahi which has seen continual investment in our brand, and enabled Meantime to continue our focus on great tasting sessionable and approachable Beers. We join Asahi in their vision for an innovative and collaborative culture the offers the best quality of Beer to Beer lovers worldwide.
We are currently seeking a General Manager (GM) to be a key leadership figure responsible for shaping the future of the Meantime business. As General Manager, will you be responsible for the end to end production and logistics of all Meantime Brands ensuring we deliver exceptional quality products to our customers in the right volume, at the right price and to the right standards in a healthy, safe environment.
As General Manager, you will spearhead our plans to deliver future success of this business by setting annual and long-range plans for the Meantime Brewery. Coupled with the strategic and commercial acumen to drive this business forward, the successful individual will also be a leader and coach to help shape and drive the culture of the team, a team that takes enormous pride in producing world-renowned beers!
Key Accountabilities and Outputs:
- Effectively lead the functions of Brewing, Packaging, Quality, Brewery warehousing, and Engineering
- Improve productivity, quality and efficiencies across the Brewing, Packaging, Quality, Brewery warehousing, and Engineering functions to achieve business performance goals
- Ensure an integrated and collaborative approach in the implementation of business priorities
- Build capability and drive engagement in the Meantime Brewery through the implementation of a robust people plan.
- Lead the implementation of the highest standards of Health and Safety at the Meantime Brewery and Chair the H&S committee
- Champion the sustainable development agenda as it applies to the Meantime Brewery (e.g. waste, water / energy usage, etc.)
- Partner effectively with Commercial teams to deliver the NPD/Innovation agenda, providing thought leadership and cross-functional consulting support as required
- Develop and manage the Brewery’s budgets (both Capex and Opex) ensuring achievement of agreed targets
- Develop talent within the Meantime Brewery, building the necessary capability and succession to ensure sustainable delivery of business and technical priorities
- Work as a key member of the UK Supply Chain Leadership Team supporting the wider UK Supply Chain business as well as having responsibility.
Your ideal Experience;
- 5-10 years in FMCG background ideally in Brewing with strong experience in Quality and Packaging
- Proven General Management Experience at site level.
- Strong experience of leading complex site level projects, through engaging multiples teams to deliver the project on time and to budget
- Ability and the desire to grow in the company and to be the 'Face’ of Meantime Brewery.
- Strong and proven Leadership capability
- A passion for and experience in beer and the Brewing of beer
- Strong analytical skills in order to assess and drive business performance in a dynamic context.
- Strong communication skills; inspiring teams to embrace challenges & own the performance.
- Strong HSE experience both in compliance and team engagement
- Strong business acumen, understanding priorities and functional requirements.
- Problem analysis, judgment, decisiveness; independence; resilience.
- A competitive base salary and bonus
- Car allowance
- Private medical
- Beer allowance
- 25 days’ holiday
- Life insurance
The Meantime Brewery is based in Greenwich
- Nearest Tube: North Greenwich
- Nearest Overground: Greenwich or Maze Hill
- Management Skills
- Product Development
- Project Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'