My client has an opportunity for an experienced General Manager to lead the team based in Croydon on a full-time, permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary dependant on experience.
My client has built up a significant presence within the UK Hospitality and Residential markets. Their investment strategy has helped them build up equity and at the same time placing them in a position where they have been more competitive in the market and managed to offer their vendors and partners certainty and reliability when dealing with them. They are a friendly company which is focused on delivering a fantastic experience for guests throughout their hotel portfolio.
As their General Manager, you will be responsible for the entire operation of the hotel to brand and company standards, along with adhering to legal requirements, controlling Health and Safety. You will also be responsible for staffing, training and productivity. You will work closely with senior management both in and out of the hotel (Sales Managers, Maintenance Manager, Revenue Managers, General Manager).
The position will require a pro-active, inquisitive mind-set and great people-skills. Previous experience in a branded hotel is REQUIRED.
The General Manager duties and key responsibilities:
- Ensure the effective management and direction of all hotel operations daily
- Actively seek ways to improve the operation, agree and implement any resulting factors
- Full management of the Conference & Banqueting Centre at the hotel
- Produce weekly and monthly hotel reports in line with company reporting procedures
- Establish a standard of service and presentation that meets and exceeds guests needs and expectations and constantly monitoring the SALT feedbacks (Hilton’s guest assistance service)
- Strictly follow and adhere to Hilton Brand Standards
- Recruit effectively complying with budgetary constraints to ensure the right people are in the right jobs
- Prepare annual budget and business plan for hotel in line with company procedures and deadlines
- Prepare weekly forecast in line with company procedures
- Be aware of local and national events, competition and seasonal fluctuations planning sales activities accordingly
- Apply Disciplinary and Grievance procedures when necessary following HMI policy and procedure
What they’re looking for in their General Manager:
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a General Manager or Deputy General Manager or as a current Front Office Manager in a branded hotel for over 2 years
- Hands-on – with a can do attitude
- Strong leadership skills
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their General Manager, please click ‘apply’ today.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job