GCRM-Belfast is part of The Fertility Partnership, a group of national and international clinics specialising in assisted conception. The Fertility Partnership is the largest provider of IVF in the UK and has some of the highest success rates in Europe.
A pivotal role for each of our clinic operations, the General Manager is responsible for overseeing the entirety of the business, commercial and operational decision making within the company/clinic and contributing to the group decision making process. The General Manager must ensure that the group and company goals & targets are met in a timely fashion by effectively and efficiently managing the clinic team and resources. Effective communication and supporting the team is pivotal to the success of this role. The role also requires a proactive manager, capable of proposing and delivering solutions across a multitude of operational and commercial areas.
- Responsible for business development, accounting, HR, administration, QM, facilities, legal and all non-clinical services.
- Accelerate team effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and performance managing; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- To develop strategic plans by studying technological and commercial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives with a thorough plan.
- To prepare, develop and implement business plans and growth strategies including commercially viable new income streams and cost-control programs.
- To prepare annual business plan and annual budgets (including annual marketing plans) as per the Group Reporting Deadlines
- To assist the Group Procurement Manager to improve income volume and pricing, control of costs, reduction of purchase prices, and rationalization of costs across the unit.
- To build the image of the clinics by collaborating with customers, governing bodies, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- To maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Delivering patient satisfaction through delivering company values of care, expertise, passion, trust and innovation
- To be compliant with all areas of the current HFE Act and the associated Code of Practice.
The successful applicant will be of a professional appearance, articulate, confident and proactive with good communication and IT skills with a pleasant telephone manner.
- Contract negotiation skills, capable of negotiating effectively with new business leads
- Able to interpret financial statements and improve business profitability
- Able to improve financial reporting systems and analysis
- Able to work with the senior management team to drive the business forward
- Excellent leadership, organisation and communication skills
- Adept at using MS Office, especially Word and Excel
- Be able to properly manage teams and employees
- Be able to delegate responsibilities
- Be resourceful, inventive and self-confident
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Natural team player
- High level of resilience
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to High Level, must include English.
- Proficient knowledge and experience of all Microsoft Office Packages
- Proactive manager capable of assessing and costing new business opportunities
- Knowledge of marketing strategies
- Previous experience in senior management roles
- Demonstrable experience in business development
- People management and development
- Senior Management