The purpose of this role is to ensure the smooth day to day running of all aspects of the factory as detailed below.
- Working with the Factory Manager, prepare and plan the production for the whole factory, including meat cutting, poultry production, portion control, burger and sausage manufacturing together with the mince and dice production.
- To meet KPI targets both agreed and set with the General Manager, Operations Director and direct reports.
- To liaise daily with the Technical department
- Responsibility for a full costing & yield programme by department.
- To report to weekly Management meetings on all aspects of the production and factory performance.
- To liaise with individual team leaders overseeing any production issues.
- To work with the Sales and New Product Development Team on menu development ideas.
- To work to and deliver agreed budget targets for costs and head counts
- To monitor Holiday shift patterns in accordance with Company Policy ensuring that all necessary cover is in place.
- To liaise with HR regarding timekeeping, absences, complying with the Company Absence Procedure & Policy, Discipline and Grievance.
- Involvement in Project Management on the site to ensure efficiencies are managed effectively maintained and improved upon.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Experience in the meat industry in a similar role is essential
- Requires good numeracy ability
- Knowledge of ERP Systems
- Good communication skills
- Good IT Skills
- Ability to lead from the front
- Ability to communicate across all levels internally and externally, including Customers
- Ability to develop good working relationship with managers in other areas of the business, to deliver the common goals of the business in terms of profitability and provision of agreed service levels to customers.
- Willingness to embrace change and developing skills within your team
- A strong commercial understanding of the business
- Additional Information
- In the absence of the post holder his/her deputy (Factory Manager) will assume responsibility
- General Manager
- Product Development
- Project Management