This company have a rich heritage in the marine, shipping sector and quality driven engineering from three strategic locations within the UK. We are seeking an accomplished site manager, knowledgeable in EPC contracts and Marine Fabrication that would consider relocation to East Anglia. This is an immediate requirement, so your application will be considered in the first instance.
This is a substantial role for an experienced General Manager being responsible for the Great Yarmouth site, Norfolk ensuring profitability and efficient management of the business with a high standard of Health & Safety.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the Great Yarmouth team to ensure the business delivers the project requirements in an efficient, professional and profitable manner. Responsible for the implementation of HSEQ standards and procedures as advised by the HSEQ Manager and team. Including Environmental and quality standards.
- Ensure the business finances are managed and information is correctly reported and presented to the Directors.
- Manage the overall facility maintains a healthy operating profit by maximising the use of resources and keeping the overhead as low as reasonable achievable without impairing quality and efficiency.
- Working with colleagues to ensure that customer requirements are achieved / exceeded
- Ensure contracts are planned in advance and are considered within an overall yard programme.
- Ensure all contracts are undertaken in a diligent, professional and efficient manner within agreed parameters of HSEQ, time and cost
- Liaise closely with senior managers and customers to ensure good relations are maintained and intercept in situations of conflict.
- Ensure that all projects systems are maintained for budgeting, cost control and accounting and that monthly project reconciliations are issued on time and to an appropriate quality standard.
- Responsible for security on site ensuring that an appropriate level of customer-in-confidence, commercial-in-confidence and defence contract related security is maintained. This also includes ensuring that a level of good level of project and perimeter security is maintained for the safe keeping of the company and its customers.
- Review, implement and develop new production techniques equipment and facilities to ensure that the company takes advantage of available technology.
- Recording, pricing and responding to Afloat enquiries.
- Developing contacts and visiting agents and owners.
- Management, recording and control of all Afloat work packages.
- Arranging/ allocating subcontractors to tasks and allocate their Purchase Orders.
- Control and manage afloat accounts and invoicing.
- Market Tanker Berth
- Manage Tanker Berth procedure when gas vessel is alongside performing all relevant checks with the assistance of H&S Department.
Qualification and Experience
You will be an accomplished leader with an outstanding level of achievement both in EPC project management, performance management and leading production to meet deadlines and critical budgets. You will have a strong commercial awareness and a reputation within the Shipping, maritime, Oil/Gas engineering sector and hold relevant professional engineering qualifications preferably in marine applications but not limited too.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
- Oil Gas