Job Title: General Manager
Reporting to: Directors
To support the Head of Logistics with the day to day management of the warehouse operation, customer order fulfilment functions and associated processes/procedures. To supply a service, both internally, to all areas of the business, and externally to match customers glass requirements. To develop and maintain a clear and scalable growth of Sealed Units.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage effectively the day to day operation of the warehouse and team through the operational team leaders.
- Support the development of the Operational Team Leaders via ongoing coaching and mentoring.
- Develop business strategies and goals
- Set department/division goals based on the company's plans
- Supervise other managers and staff
- Be able to sit, stand and/or walk throughout work shifts as required to perform duties.
- Manage, motivate, train and continually develop the warehouse team.
- Manage the security of all warehouse
- Manage the drivers and their workload and ensure full coverage where necessary.
- Manage the maintenance of delivery vehicles ensuring they remain roadworthy and legal at all times.
- Manage the returns to the Warehouse and ensure items are dealt with promptly and returned to stock/supplier.
- Maintain regular communication with departments
- Liaison with stores/stock controllers to ensure that stock movements and
- stock keeping standards are maintained in line with company guidelines
- Carry out regular stock take's and report on results.
- Ensure the highest operational standards are deployed at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining the stock levels and re-ordering of all glass
- Responsible for maintaining and re-ordering of general consumables as
- Ensure the warehouse is compliant with current Health and Safety
regulations and that the warehouse team is trained appropriately.
- Regularly appraise team members and carry out annual performance review at the communicated time.