iPP/ SYNLAB Food Testing offers a wide range of specialist food and feed analysis to contract laboratories and food manufacturers. Using a highly skilled and reputable laboratory helps customers to minimise the risks of supplying a non-complying product. SYNLAB’s quality procedures provide a full audit trail for the sample receipt, administration and analysis. SYNLAB’s customers can confidently demonstrate due diligence in their supplier choice.
The General Manager has overall responsibility for the running of a SYNLAB Food Testing laboratory specialising in allergen testing and authentication. Other duties include the co-ordination/ implementation of SYNLAB Group management instructions while managing the office and laboratory.
- Ensure all paperwork and document approval systems are performed and controlled in adherence to ISO 17025 standards to maintain UKAS accreditation
- Ensure client satisfaction, new client procurement and high client retention rates.
- Control financial plans, expenditure and reporting to ensure management targets are achievable and information is readily available.
- Manage analytical development deadlines to ensure ongoing improvements to client services
- Ensure legislative requirements in relation to personnel and financial issues are met.
- Manage all laboratory and administrative staff to ensure all performance expectations are achieved and to ensure employee development and satisfaction.
- Oversee the management of the laboratory and office teams.
- Support sales function with all new sales leads and processes to maximise opportunities and client retention
- Ensure health and safety procedures are adhered to
- Deputise for the Operations Director in their absence
Desired Skills and Experience
- BSc in scientific subject and experience of working in a laboratory setting is desirable
- Management qualification (desirable)
- Excellent IT skills with MS office and knowledge of other software packages ieLIMS is desirable
- Proven track record in successfully leading a team
- Good communication skills with the ability to motivate others
- Ability to work independently, be decisive, quick thinking and work under pressure
- Should be flexible with regards to travel as may be required to work from multiple sites
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job