Hoist UK is a leading supplier and manufacturer of lifting equipment based on the Wirral Peninsular, Merseyside and are currently seeking an experienced Sales / General Manager to be based in our Wirral offices.
The ideal candidate must have previous experience within the crane / lifting equipment industry and will be LEEA (or equivalent) trained, be fully conversant with LOLER and PUWER regulations and must hold a current full, clean UK driving license, CSCS card an advantage but not essential.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate at all levels with both colleagues and customers. Will work directly for the Directors of the company and will be responsible for the overall management of and coordination of the company.
Your duties will include managing the sales and marketing team, preparation of technical quotations using our CRM system, assisting the digital marketeer in developing new business, working closely with and delegating to the design, production and installation teams and overseeing the same to ensure growth, meet production and installation deadlines and ensure consistent quality across the board whilst keeping to strict budgetary requirements.
To complete the above duties you should;
- Possess and apply intellect, judgement, and management skills to achieve required results.
- Must provide effective management of subordinates to achieve desired results. Attributes necessary to meet this need may include communications, motivation, team building, employee involvement, diplomacy, delegating, etc. skills as well as confidence and enthusiasm.
- Must possess thorough and relevant product knowledge and have experience in the crane and lifting equipment industry.
- Ability to handle responsibilities with effective interpersonal skills and to effectively interface with others inside and outside the company.
- Be able to coordinate the execution of engineering and manufacturing schedules based on sales requirements and production capacity.
- Review and approve all technical quotations and work closely with production to ensure delivery of high quality products and services.
- Control quality, cost of production, warehousing, receiving and shipping of raw materials through appropriate subordinates.
- Participate in and assist in the development of long-range plans for the growth and security of the company.
- Review and approve recommendations and requests of subordinates in matters of personnel and safety.
- Have direct contact with customers on quotations, technical, production or service matters.
- Apply intellect, creativity, adaptability, judgement, and management skills to achieve required results.
- Ensure duties and company projects are accomplished in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Support peers and management with internal and external projects.
- Adhere to company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hours will be 8:30am to 5:00pm 5 days per week Monday to Friday (40 hour working week on an annual salary); Flexibility in working hours will be essential to the successful implementation of this role.
This is a permanent position (following a trial period) and salary is negotiable dependent upon experience and skills.
This position is an immediate requirement; applications are invited from qualified individuals by email, including CV, with copies of any relevant certificates, a covering letter, a statement of availability, salary expectations and references. All references will be taken up and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Management Skills
- Lifting Operations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job