Up to £40k plus performance bonus
We are a leading developer and provider of specialist senior living accommodation, including retirement housing, extra care and sheltered housing. One Housing Older People’s accommodation provides aspirational and high quality facilities, services and buildings.
This post will drive One Housing’s senior living brand, Season. Season offers excellent housing and care services which incorporates desirable living such as restaurant dining, bars and spas, as well as providing a range of activities to promote health and wellbeing in comfortable and stylish settings. These products will be available for private ownership and at affordable rents.
The General Manager will lead this exciting new service and drive high-quality care, hospitality and support in an exceptional environment. The post-holder will manage all aspects of the service including financial, operational and leadership; they will optimise profitability and the financial return and provide the highest quality of care and services to our residents.
The General Manager will work with the Extra Care operations team to deliver of a range of retirement products including Extra Care, Reablement and Dementia services.
The post-holder will guide, plan, organise and manage tasks and resources to bring about the successful delivery of senior living to agreed time, budget and quality standards.
• Deliver One Housing’s Senior Living offer, Season
• Work proactively with our partners in developing marketing and promotional materials.
• Promotion and marketing of Season’s senior living products to partners including the private and shared ownership market.
• Directly line manage an extra care management team, monitoring staff development through supervisions, appraisals and training to assist them in delivering a high quality service.
• Ensure all aspects of facilities and hospitality services are effectively managed including the bar and restaurant and guaranteeing the highest level of customer service.
• Effectively manage housing and building services, void and lettings management, building maintenance, including day to day repairs ensuring key performance targets are monitored and met.
• Ensure the Season brand values are adhered to; overseeing the aesthetics of the internal and exterior of the building, staff appearance and providing a high level of customer service.
• Oversee customer billing and charging for housing, care and hospitality, ensuring compliance with payment systems and payments are managed and monitored effectively.
• Oversee the referral process including assessments, move-in and settle in of older people into the scheme.
• Ensure ARCO and CQC compliance.
• Build positive proactive working relationships with the catering, facilities, cleaning and maintenance contractors to ensure residents receive a high quality seamless service.
• Liaison with internal partners, such as HR, Development, Housing and Facilities.
• Deliver quality assurance; including performing regular audits and liaison with the Associate Head of CQC compliance
• Oversee the Property’s Health and Safety and Fire Safety compliance.
• Actively encourage the use of the communal facilities for activities involving older people in the local community.
• Effectively manage customer engagement through meetings, activities and events to ensure high level customer satisfaction.
• Provide the Head of Senior Living with informed and objective advice and recommendations regarding issues relating to the senior living programme, cost, quality and delivery.
• Promote Season and the scheme by organising open days, working with the local community to develop social integration and promoting the communal facilities in the scheme.
• Ability to work 5 days over a 7 day week.
• Reporting to the Head of Senior Living and the internal Season Project Group on the progress of scheme set up and milestones against the project plan
• Recruitment and staff development
• Care, hospitality and tenancy income management
• Health and Safety and Fire safety compliance
• Meeting targets related to budget, care and facilities income, occupation and arrears
• Working with local managers on referrals and allocations
• Ensuring the scheme’s housing, facilities and care offer meets Season’s quality standards
Skills & experience
• Good level of IT skills and literacy.
• Experience of effective budget management.
• Knowledge and experience of hospitality and customer service
• Experience of managing a bar and/or restaurant offer in a care setting
• Experience of housing and facilities management including voids, lettings and arrears
• Experience of staff management in a care and support setting
• Knowledge of CQC and CQC Compliance
• Ability to solve problems whilst managing complex projects
• Be highly organised and able to work to conflicting and challenging deadlines
• Ability to influence and lead staff
• Ability to set and deliver objectives
• Ability to make clear and reasoned decisions with comprehensive recommendations
• Excellent planning, communication and stakeholder management skills
• Knowledge and experience of registered care management
• Knowledge of ARCO
• Setting up new and complex senior living schemes
• Knowledge in older people’s finance such as benefits, personal budgets and self-payment.
Whats in it for you?
- Pension Scheme
- Free DBS check
- Eye care vouchers
- 28 days annual leave
- Childcare Vouchers
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £300
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Season Ticket Loan
- Study Leave
- Career Break after 3 years’ service
- Medicash Scheme
- Opportunities to progress your career within One Housing group
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'