Job "performance management" governance risk planning people
Your new company
An Executive Non-Departmental Public body
Your new role
You will provide GM level oversight sufficient to manage the implementation of a new performance management structure which will provide a more disciplined approach to governance, business planning and procedures. This will start from the people involved in those functions and will align with the company development plan.
The role cuts across directorates and works closely with SRO's who will have inter-locking responsibilities within their own business lines from their respective business plans. You will have oversight of these plans.
There is a significant amount of improvement required across the management of the Land programmes to ensure business processes, systems and management information provision are fit for purpose to support delivery of the new Land remit announced at the Autumn Budget.
This has been specified through the Land Action Plan, a summary of which has been presented at Directors' Group and Board. There is a requirement for this work to be tightly managed by a dedicated resource given the scale and priority of the tasks.
There is a need to provide General Manager level oversight for the performance management (financial and output) reporting across the Land programmes. There is significant knowledge and skill within the Land team which will feed into the individual strands of the action plan.
The resource will need to have particular experience in the field of change management and performance management, including sound financial reporting experience (and desirable to have government financing experience).
The Land Action Plan aligns with the company Development Plan covering: People, Digital, Governance, Communications & Engagement moving to towards operational Improvements and delivery.
The consultancy support is required to specifically support development of the Performance Management Framework, the Land Digital Priorities, and the Risk Management Framework.
A brief overview of the work required in each area is set out below. Performance Management Framework:
This will provide a structured and disciplined approach to performance reporting covering for example:
- Establish the reporting requirements for relevant committees to ensure appropriate oversight for programme activity and risk management
- Review of delegations and streamlining commissions from MHCLG into one land fund
- Business case to be presented to MHCLG to request a CDEL delegations increase to £30m
- Agree new template for business plans, and key metrics for start of year position reporting
- Set quarterly targets (financial, output and milestones)
- Clear monitoring and review process throughout the year
- Annual reviews by delivery teams to report on performance
Procedures and Guidance
- Conduct an end-to-end review, working across the Land team, to document existing guidance and produce a gap analysis of guidance to be commissioned from the relevant Land teams
- Underperformance and escalation process - document and implement the process, escalation route and key metrics used to assess underperformance
Land Risk Framework (LRF)
- Continue to evolve the emerging LRM, working with the Risk team
- Develop a risk appetite statement for Land
- Introduce a Risk Assessment & Control Assurance (RACAs) process to identify, manage and monitor risks across the Land programmes
- Develop key risk indicators working with the risk team
- Evolve the Land assurance framework, feeding into the evolving corporate risk assurance matrix
Land Digital Priorities
- Coordinate the work of the Head of Land Systems & Procedures, to progress work on the key priority areas:
- DRAM (online approval papers)
- TMS (Transaction Management System for the appointment of consultants)
- Milestones & Outputs - developing a single platform for end users to bridge the two existing Land systems (PCS and LMT). MoP is the first stage in this development work to provide a single data source for milestone and output data
- Land Holdings Data - working across the central Land team to improve MI around the organisation's land holdings
- Continue to develop the priority areas for Land and ensure they are appropriately included in the wider Digital Strategy programme
In addition, the resource will be required to oversee the business as usual business across the Portfolio Management Team. Line Management The following staff will report into the consultant on work related matter only:
- Head of Portfolio Management
- Head of Economics, Governance & Fiscal Planning
- Data Integrity & MI
What you'll need to succeed
GM level experience in implementing performance management structures covering Risk, Governance and Processes. Within this you should be familiar with government finance reporting. You should have delivered high level Change Management covering people which ideally, aligned with the performance management restructure.
What you'll get in return
Commensurate with the contract role
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- "Performance Management" Risk Governance Procedures "Government Finance"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job