A General Manager, Moving Services is required to join an International Moving organisation in Buckinghamshire, UK.
Key duties and responsibilities;
- Maintaining, establishing and developing local Key Accounts and will produce proposals and secure business
- Exceed the budgeted profit for the previous year ensuring maximisation of vehicle and manpower resources
- Develop profitable repeat revenue across the product range concentrating on: International Moving, Business Moving, Inland Moving and Storage
- Ensure that the Corporate Team and Managers are kept aware of potential business
- To be an active member of the management team expressing opinions
- Being the champion of Sales Development
- Ensure facilities are kept in a clean, tidy and presentable condition at all times
- Assist in the implementation of quality standards
- Ensure that budget targets are exceeded
- Increase profitable International revenue
- Develop and implement a sales development system
- Control debt for branch to ensure that debt over 60 days is no more than 15% of total outstanding debt
- Manage, develop, motivate and monitor performance of staff
- Ensure training is provided to staff on a regular basis
- Hold weekly meetings to discuss issues involving sales development and customer services
- Keep Directors informed of all personnel matters and recruitment documentation (driving licences, birth certificates and references)
- Agree job descriptions and performance plans to appraise staff
- Invoke disciplinary procedures in the case of misconduct or capability
Further sales & administration related duties include;
- Monitor all revenues producing monthly statistics
- Ensure that accurate sales and conversion statistics are produced monthly
- Monitor and control the Office & Commercial product liaising regularly with the Group Managing Director
- Ensure that accurate sales and conversion statistics are produced monthly and are submitted to the Group Managing Director
- Ensure credit control procedures are implemented, to minimise the debt and to achieve positive cashflow
- Introduce a purchase order system and agree credit terms
- Ensure the safety and security of customers and company property
- Ensure that all aspects of operations are handled in a safe, cost effective, legal and customer orientated manner
- Operate warehouses in accordance to company procedures, to ensure inventories are accurate and storage containers maintained
- Ensure all commercial vehicles and equipment are serviced and maintained
- Ensure a system to systematically identify, record, canvass and generate sales leads for the Business Moves product is adhered to.
- Monitor enquiry taking, ensuring full details are taken on enquiry form.
- Accurately cost and price a quotation.
- Manage the sales function and where required making presentations to potential clients.
- Ensure prompt and accurate preparation of sales proposals, which must include personalised sales letters, appropriate sales literature and a detailed operational plan
- Promote the sale of our new Business Support Services product
- Maintain contact with and a profile of major competitors monitoring pricing policy and performance.
- Participate in promotional activities i.e open days, exhibitions, conferences etc.
- Record all leads, confirm action taken including follow up action etc (manage the leads process).
- Ensure a system is introduced to systematically identify and record all companies contacted and sent our literature.
- Deal with all internet enquiries in an efficient, professional and sales focused manner, converting the enquiry into a sales call whenever possible and giving instant quotes to all smaller consignment enquiries received.
- Ensure required standards are met with particular regard to customer complaints, investigation following claims, in connection with damage and/or loss of customers effects in store or during transit.
- Ensure all storage consignments are inspected at least five days prior to removal from store
- sales development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job