General Manager - Manufacturing (Food FMCG)
Excellent opportunity for a General Manager to work for this market leading, award winning global FMCG food manufacturer.
The General Manager, Manufacturing is an important appointment which will help to achieve our client's ambitious profit and growth targets. The business has seen year-on-year growth for the past 10 years both in terms of volume and product range and this has led to increased pressure in the Manufacturing Facilities. The role of General Manager, Manufacturing is a senior role and as such is a member of the company senior management team. The role will be challenging, stimulating and varied. It will enjoy a good level of autonomy and thus this role is for experienced, self-starters who can create their own strategic direction and lead people to implement their ideas.The role includes the day-to-day management of 5 main production areas including high care food production areas, working 24 hours, 5 days per week on a 3 shift basis. There are around 280 full time employees who are managed through a team of 7 managers. The General Manager will have experience of managing large complex manufacturing units
In addition to the day-to-day operations, the General Manager will have key involvement in the implementation of a site expansion project (£31m investment). An important responsibility for this role will be coordination with the Project team and key stakeholders to ensure that the implementation of the project does not impact negatively on customer satisfaction or operating costs as well as engaging the teams and managing what will be a significant change.
- To reduce operational costs and increase capacity using the current facility and low cost investment items
- Help implement a large 3 year capital investment plan that will secure capacity for the next 15 years
- Maintain a safe environment whilst achieving industry leading customer services levels
- Achieve production plan on a weekly and monthly basis and ensure customer service remains at 99.99 per cent availability
- Continuous improvement for waste management and environmental factors
- Improve product quality, reduce customer complaints and reduce the cost of rejected product
- Have an up-to-date knowledge of all suppliers and current machinery which will develop the business for the future
- Restructure the department to (develop a flatter departmental structure, more responsive to change)
- Create a people plan that will improve the working conditions for all staff and create depth and calibre that is appropriate for future needs
- Bring expertise and professionalism that will improve functioning of the Manufacturing Senior Team
- Exceed in all of the above whilst the capital project is being implemented. A key responsibility will be the planning of capital work to ensure no unplanned costs or risk customer satisfaction
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of leading a management team and being able to demonstrate key achievements and where you have personally added value
- Experience of managing and developing large, diverse teams
- Experience of managing a large budget with responsibility for accounting for profit and loss
- Demonstrable experience of working in a change environment
- Experience of involvement in a large capital project
- Experience of managing the production planning function
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in the chilled food manufacturing and retail markets
- Experience of implementing the 5 'S’s and lean systems management processes, being able to demonstrate efficiencies
- Experience of fast-paced customer-facing environments
- Experience of working with business management teams across the organisation
- Experience of implementing process systems and procedures
- Experience of working in different manufacturing FMCG environments
- Knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP systems
- Educated to Degree level preferably in a in Maths / Physics / Engineering or Science discipline
- Industry qualifications in Health and Safety, Food Hygiene
- Management Qualification
The successful candidate will demonstrate a progressive career within a FMCG environment, be an effective presenter, communicator and with gravitas to influence across all levels of the organisationincluding to the UK Board. You will be a strategic thinker, with a logical approach and a determination to ensure Operations remain a first class operation. You will be a high calibre individual and will have excellent leadership skills. You will possess sufficient gravitas, be able to interact with Customers, the Company Executive and at times the International Main Board. The ideal candidate will also be logical, self-assured and capable of presenting new ideas to all levels of the organisation both verbally and through written reports. The ability to influence at all levels and negotiate will be essential to success.
- Food Manufacturing
- General Manager
- Operations Management
- Production Planning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'