One of our most prestigious clients in Bury has won a new food wholesale contract, supplying a successfully chain of convenience stores nationally. They are looking for an experienced General Manager to be based in Bury on a permanent contract and oversee the new network of sites remotely. The General Manager will have commercial and operational responsibility for the network of sites, ensuring that operational service levels and met and exceeded. Managing a prestigious new contract, you will have the opportunity to positively affect operations and truly make a stamp on an international 3PL.
This role will suit someone who is commercially focused and able to drive forward operational KPIs within a multi site environment. You will have strong people management skills, auditing and budget process experience gained from a logistics environment. You must be experienced within food supply chain logistics and have operated at a General Manager level previously.
Our client is a diverse international 3PL and a household name: the opportunities for career progression through leading management courses and internal promotion are yours for the taking. They are offering a salary of £55,000 per annum, plus a 15% annual bonus, fantastic pension scheme, medical insurance, life insurance and private dental plan.
As the General Manager, your duties will include:
- Overall commercial and operational responsibility for the multi site network of this new wholesale contract
- Adopting an open management style that motivates and develops staff at all levels, boosting productivity and benefiting the client
- Developing a flexible and skilled team across sites to deal with seasonal fluctuations. Your direct reports will include, Transport Managers, an Operations Support Manager, and a National Planning Manager
- Ensuring performance issues are tackled, reviewing staff productivity and recruitment at each site
- Succession planning and development of key employees across the whole network
- Playing a key role in auditing, ensuring that each site is compliant with company procedures on H&S, employment and environmental issues
- Supporting the budget process annually with the Account Director and ensuring the delivery of operations exceed financial expectations
The successful General Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- A track record of multi site management as a Head of Logistics, General Manager, Network General Manager or similar
- Experience of working on new projects or implementation of new contracts at multiple sites
- Experience working within a 3PL or within food logistics
- Previous experience of annual budget reviews and auditing
- Experience in managing a multi-functional Transport and Warehouse team across multiple sites
- Although the contract is Monday to Friday days, a willingness to be flexible is required for a new contract
- Excellent communication skills
As General Manager of this network, you will be required remotely manage other sites, however in the beginning of this contract you will be required to visit other sites to assist with the start up.
This is an exciting opportunity for a General Manager, Multi site Manager, Head of Logistics or National Logistics Manager level person to be involved in an exciting multi contract warehouse for a leading 3PL. In return, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary between £55,000 per annum plus a 15% annual bonus, fantastic pension scheme, medical insurance, life insurance and private dental plan.
*** General Manager, Distribution Centre Manager, Regional Distribution Centre Manager , Head of Logistics , Transport , Warehouse , Multi Functional Teams , Warehouse Management Systems , Budget control , KPIs , Staff Development , 3PL , Food Logistics , Multi contract environment , Customer Management , Food Logistics , Contract Management , ***