Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website at strive.co.uk or join us on twitter at @strivellp for further vacancies and information.
Our client is a leading 3PL in the UK and we are delighted to assist them in their search for a General Manager, to be based at their flagship site in Lancashire (OL10).
Reporting into the Operations Director, with a multi-million pound budget and responsibility for some 350FTEs, you will have full responsibility of this state of the art facility and be expected to:
- Monitor, manage and impact the DC, working closely with the management teams to ensure the completion of all daily functions fully, safely and accurately in compliance with the company H&S procedures and Working Procedures and to maintain the team relationship with the warehouse and transport departments.
- Support the operations to ensure all functions run smoothly and efficiently.
- Manage all change and projects through to completion, by driving through a period of continuous improvement
- Ensure all departments perform to budget
- Work closely with the blue chip customer base, including key high street retailers
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience of managing large teams within a temperature controlled distribution function
- Able to demonstrate an excellent ability to monitor and control costs & maximize operational efficiency
- A leader, who is able to support and engage their team, offering coaching and motivation to others
- You will be able to lead your teams though a combination of KPIs and hands-on presence, helping the operation to drive through continuous improvement.
Moreover you will be able to display excellent commercial and financial acumen.
This role offers a defined career path within the company and is one not to be missed!
Apply now for immediate consideration
- Logistics Management
- Operational Efficiency
- Warehouse Management
- Temperature Controlled
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job