The Rose & Crown, Yealmpton
Our passionate team at the Rose & Crown are looking for an inspiring General Manager to lead them.
Set in Yealmpton, a beautiful Devon village nestled inside the South Hams, the Rose & Crown is a fantastic village pub and one of the most popular places to eat out and stay in Devon. Decorated with rich textures and colours, the Inn is warmly elegant and with cosy nooks, comfortable sofas and a roaring fire. Outside the walled garden is an idyllic suntrap, ideal for dining alfresco and savouring drinks as the sun goes down.
Taking the helm as a General Manager, we want you to treat it as your own business. You're an expert in what you do, so we'll encourage your creativity and entrepreneurial drive to develop the business.
Leading your hard-working and committed team, you'll:
- Juggle all elements of operational and commercial management for the pub
- Enjoy being a hands-on member of the busy operation, working shoulder-to-shoulder with your team to provide a memorable guest experience
- Thrive on being a role model to your team who turn to you for support and development, inspiring them to strive for the best in everything they do
You're understandably proud of what you've achieved with your solid track record of success managing a busy quality food-lead venue. You're a natural when it comes to communicating, delighting guests and motivating teams.
To be considered as the General Manager, you will need:
- Experience as a GM or deputy general manager
- To be truly passionate about creating positive and memorable experiences that wow your guests
- Experience of building and leading an exceptional team
- Experience of controlling cash and stock
- Outstanding organisation skills
- A personal licence
Our venues are exciting places to be, dynamic, high volume and fast paced whilst also offering high quality locally-sourced food and outstanding beers. The desirable locations across the South West mean our pubs experience significant seasonal demand over the summer, with holidaymakers flocking to experience our hospitality.
As part of the St Austell Brewery family, we are proud of our heritage and independence. We remain family owned with family values. We're delighted to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold status to acknowledge what we have created for our people.
We produce award-winning beers and have pubs and hotels spanning across the South West from Bath & Bristol to the Isles of Scilly.
- Salary of up to £35,000 per annum
- Live in accommodation available
- 30% discount off food & drink
- 50% discount off accommodation
- A competitive & achievable company bonus scheme
- A supportive health cash plan
- Fantastic training & career development opportunities
- Discounted memberships with local businesses
- Cycle to work scheme
Our people say they're really proud of their pubs and that the personal development we offer sets us aside from the rest when it comes to a career in hospitality. As well as the package you would expect for such a pivotal management role, we also offer great benefits including exceptional bonus potential which could see you earning over 50% of your salary.
If this sounds like the job for you then we would love to hear from you and learn more about you. Simply apply via the button shown. An assessment day will be held in early November.
We will deal with your application in the strictest of confidence and welcome applications from people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientation authorised to work within the UK.
Other organisations may call this role Pub Manager, Venue Manager, Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hotel Manager, Food and Beverage Manager, or Bar Manager.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'