General Manager - Leading 4 Star Hotel
If you are a high calibre General Manager seeking your next challenge, this is an incredible opportunity to lead a first-class business with exciting plans for their future.
Based in one of the UK’s most stunning locations, our client is a highly successful resort that is dedicated to providing their customers with an unforgettable experience.
As a multi-award winning business, our client is always looking to reach new heights of excellence. Having benefitted from substantial investment, they are completing a development programme to strengthen their position as one of the region’s leading hotels.
Since opening new facilities with a 17m pool, gym, studios and express spa, our client’s membership has doubled and is expected to grow even more.
This is an amazing opportunity to join our client as their General Manager and maintain their reputation for outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Salary of up to £77,000 DOE
- OTE of circa £80,000
- Potential for equity options
- World-class facilities, including high-quality delivered food and beverage operations with 100+ covers
- Meals whilst on duty and a 20% discount on food and beverage at the resort
- Health club membership
- 25% discount on spa treatments and 20% discount on spa products
- The freedom to shape and influence the future of the business
- The chance to take full ownership of the business and run it as if it were your own
Our client offers a stunning environment with first-class facilities, making for the ultimate luxury getaway. The hotel has recently rebuilt their health club and added 32 new deluxe bedrooms.
In the near future, they plan to build a new destination spa, woodland lodges and grow their resort apartments and residences, making this an incredibly exciting time to join their business.
This is one of the most exciting General Manager challenges in the UK, as you will have the chance to re-launch an already successful business and take it to the next level. Working from an office that is just a stone’s throw away from the sand and sea, you will also have the opportunity to shape a passionate team and really make your mark.
As the General Manager, you will oversee a team of circa 150 staff and drive the hotel’s P&L, develop strategic growth plans and spearhead the business plan to ensure success.
Leading by example, you will:
- Recruit, motivate, develop and inspire a team of Managers and staff
- Manage the operational, financial and people performance of the business
- Develop and recommend strategies, changes or developments to the Board
- Work closely with Head of Sales and Marketing to maximise total revenue
- Look to constantly improve our client’s product and service offering
- Review and develop all systems, procedures, standards, controls and delivery mechanisms
- Ensure full compliance and best practice on fire, H&S, food safety and risk assessments
- Help to develop a full suite of daily, weekly and monthly performance measures
- Work closely with the Head of Finance and operation business Heads to ensure the effective management and security of all stocks and working replacements
- Help to build our client’s brand and reputation throughout Cornwall
- Grow business on the local market for our client’s restaurants, spa, health and fitness and conference and banqueting services
- Maximise guest spend on property
- Effectively control all labour budgets
- Ensure that properties are maintained and cleaned to the highest standards
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list. You may be required to undertake other tasks and responsibilities as and when required.
To be considered, you will need:
- At least 10 years’ experience in a senior management role, including a minimum of two years’ experience in a senior general management role
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- The ambition to turn great ideas into reality
- A strategic and entrepreneurial mindset
Our client is eager to hear from individuals with experience as a General Manager, General Operations Manager, Operations Manager, Resort Operations Manager, Hotel Operations Manager or GM.
Those with a background in leisure, hospitality or operations or experience as a Senior Manager, Leisure Operations Manager or Head of Operations are also encouraged to apply.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to make a real impact as a General Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job