General Manager: Hospitality: Edinburgh
Are you an ambitious and passionate Manager who is ready for their next big challenge?
Do you see yourself developing your skills within a growing brand that love what they do as much as you do?
Our client is looking for a Manager for their new site in Edinburgh, who has a passion for people, excellent standards and high levels of customer service. You would need to be organised and an excellent communicator who delivers results through directing and coaching their team.
The General Manager is responsible for managing the daily operation of the entire venue, including the selection, training, development and performance management of all front of house and kitchen employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory of all stock including gaming, food & beverage and other supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are happy with their experience. The General Manager reports to the Operations Director.
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability with an outgoing personality
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure service meets appropriate standards
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommending appropriate solutions to any problems arising
- Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as gaming, food, beverage and labour whilst maintaining required standards of operation in daily activities
- Enthusiasm and the ability to create a sense of fun and motivate a team whilst upholding standards and maintaining discipline
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales, minimise costs, including food, beverage, supply and labour costs
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting etc.) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Adhere to Licensing Laws
- Adhere to and maintain the company Health & Safety policy and Food Safety Management System
- Responsible for daily Health & Safety, risk assessments, COSHH and other statutory regulations and carry out thorough documented training with all employees
- Carrying out regular inspections of venue for cleanliness, proper uniforms and appearance standards
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food, beverages and service
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints within the given parameters or escalate to the Operations Manager, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce risk of injury and accidents
- Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning whilst upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness
- Investigate, resolve or escalate complaints concerning quality and service
- Ensure any maintenance/repair issues are reported and dealt with quickly in an efficient manner
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues
- Interview, direct hire, supervision, development and, when necessary and following company procedure, termination of employees
- Carry out inductions, explain the company philosophy and oversee the training of new employees
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews
- Maintain an accurate and up to date plan of the venue staffing needs. Prepare and oversee rotas and ensure that the venue is staffed correctly for all shifts
- Maintain discipline and uphold company employee standards
- Keeps Operations Manager and Directors promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action
- Completes job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Maintains a favourable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness
- First point of contact for out of hours alarm response
Supervision of others
- Assistant managers, kitchen, maintenance and front of house employees
- Previous experience of using scheduling, payroll, E-Learning and procurement systems preferred, i.e. Procurement Wizard, S4, FLOW Hospitality, etc.
- General Manager
- Performance Management
- Service Levels
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'