General Manager - Gastro Pub and Restaurant - (Live In) - Job Summary
General Manager required for this award winning, fresh food Gastro Pub operation. This role offers the successful applicant 3 bedroom accommodation, the opportunity to work for a company that really does value their employees and is committed to career development. This is all about delivering quality and volume, making this an exciting, fast-paced environment.
Our client is one of the UK's leading operators of banded bars and restaurants and are about to embark on an unprecedented period of expansion. We therefore have an exciting opportunity to join one of the company's leading modern pub dining concepts. This brand offers contemporary surroundings and prides itself on offering their guests great quality drinks and gastro style food at an accessible price point. It is a highly regarded brand throughout the sector and is synonymous with quality and service.
General Manager - Gastro Pub and Restaurant - (Live In) - Role Responsibility
As the General Manager, your role involves the day-to-day running and development of the company's site. You will be expected to draw in a widespread customer base, creating a friendly and inviting atmosphere that appeals to all customers. You will also need to demonstrate "entrepreneurial flair" ensuring the continued growth of the business.
You will be directly responsible for:
- Staff management and development
- Dominating the local market
- Being proactive rather than reactive to guest needs, dealing with guest comments as an opportunity not a process - acting as a host to the business
- Achieving targets set by the Area Manager, ensuring that maximum profitability is achieved
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Merchandising the bar and the front of house area
- Ensuring that all health and safety requirements are met and adhered to
General Manager - Gastro Pub and Restaurant - (Live In) - The Ideal Candidate
The role offers the successful applicant the opportunity to be at the forefront of leading this evolving brand forward in its continuing development.
Previous restaurant management experience is essential, preferably as a general manager of a similar fresh food concept
- A mature approach to business
- People management skills - with the ability to "inspire the team"
- Financial awareness
- Merchandising and presentation skills
- Forward thinking - ability to"think outside of the box"
- Ambition to continually drive the business forward
- Great Salary of up to £44k per annum
- Uncapped Bonus potential
- Live in accommodation (3 Bedroom)
- Excellent Training & Development
- Opportunity for progression
Due to excellent in-house training, our client is committed to fulfilling career development to suit the individual's needs.
Detail2Leisure is acting as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UKs leading Leisure & Hospitality Organisations.